Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 22-01-20, 12:16 PM
News Guru

Cyberpunk 2077's delay was reportedly due to console optimisation issues

The game is reportedly facing difficulties on both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Read more about Cyberpunk 2077's delay reportedly being due to console performance issues.

Old 22-01-20, 12:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Well, that and them still not hiring enough staff, if CDPR developers are yet again being forced into excessive overtime, adding to a long list of complaints regarding working conditions at the company, clearly management is systematically failing to allocate resources appropriately and hire enough staff, one can only assume for cost cutting reasons.
Old 22-01-20, 12:39 PM
OC3D Elite

I have faith in them, but I hope this doesnt become a Watch dogs disappointment.

We all know what the E3 demo looked like. And when that retail version came.. many felt scammed.
Old 22-01-20, 12:59 PM
OC3D Crew

I'd say release it on PC and make the console players wait. Iirc this happened to some other games vice versa as well...
Old 22-01-20, 02:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Š View Post
I'd say release it on PC and make the console players wait. Iirc this happened to some other games vice versa as well...
Exactly. CD Projekt Red may be the only company that develops games the proper way, PC first then watered down version for consoles. Red Dead Redemption 2 had a full year on consoles before coming to PC. Why wouldn't Cyberpunk 2077 have it the other way around? Release it for new consoles, and be done with it.
Old 22-01-20, 03:44 PM

Don't trust unofficial sources.
Old 22-01-20, 04:11 PM
OC3D Crew

Can't say its surprising to hear this, I can't imagine the minimum requirements for PC being very minimum so its hardly surprising a 6.5 year old console is struggling, my PC the same age (mainboard, CPU & RAM) will hugely struggle ( I predict).

Imagine this releasing on PC before console, it just wouldn't happen. To many risks of Sony and MS losing out on sales and crying to CDPR. Though I think Nvidia should push for this as they are a partner (RTX).

I would love, for just the once, for the PC community to be seen as a important part of the releases and not have to wait years for a release after the consoles.