Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 15-05-17, 01:42 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Division was easily handled by my Titan X. Never liked Dishonored, so screw 2. Watch Dogs 2? I did download that and play through the intro part and it seemed fine on my Fury X. It didn't interest me much though.

Again Deus Ex not my cuppa at all. Downloaded it played for less than an hour. However, did note it ran like turd, barely scraping 30 FPS @ 1440p ultra.

Problem is none of those franchises really appeal to me at all. If Fallout 5 came out? hell yeah, I would be first in the line for a new GPU if I needed it. Thing is that could be years off.

Next game I want is South Park TFBW but again, massive delays. Oh, and Dead Island 2 but that has vanished completely

For the past few days I've been getting the urge to play Fallout 3 again. That's how bad it is.
I know the feeling. Older games are keeping me quite contented. I think if you're a single player guy, we're really not being treated well recently. If you're an online nut then you have such a huge variety to have fun with. The Division, GTA V, BF1, Titanfall 2, COD, Rainbow Six Siege, Battlegrounds, Ghost Recon, just so much fun times with mates can be had. Not so for solo gamers like myself.

__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 15-05-17, 01:44 PM
Bartacus Bartacus is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 2,486
I hear ya Fish, I've been lamenting the single player games (or lack thereof) for quite some time. Games like Skyrim and FO4 can only last a guy so long. Not interested in online gaming at all, so that makes it hard to find anything decent (although Prey doesn't seem too bad so far).
__________________
Guts: ThreadRipper 2950X / GB Aorus Xtreme X399 / 64GB TridentZ Royal 3600CL16 / Zotac GTX 1080Ti x2 / EVGA 1000W PSU
Storage: 6TB RAID0 NVME array (ADATA SX8200 Pro 2TB x 3)
Water Cooling: HeatKiller TR4-Pro CPU block / HeatKiller IV GPU blocks / 360mm Darskide LP360 rads x 3 / Heatkiller reservoir

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 15-05-17, 01:47 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 13,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
I know the feeling. Older games are keeping me quite contented. I think if you're a single player guy, we're really not being treated well recently. If you're an online nut then you have such a huge variety to have fun with. The Division, GTA V, BF1, Titanfall 2, COD, Rainbow Six Siege, Battlegrounds, Ghost Recon, just so much fun times with mates can be had. Not so for solo gamers like myself.
Quantum Break was interesting. I played for about two hours and loved the story and ideas, but never returned to it. Mostly because of all of the bugs and issues.

None of those games you mention do anything for me at all. What's a real kick in the nuts is how much I adore Dead Island Definitive, and how well it runs for looking so beautiful. I desperately want the second part now, but they sold the studio and it died on its ass. Such a shame

I hate to admit this but my lady and I were talking in bed last night, as you do. Any way, we agreed that during the 90s it was all about video games. There was something there for every one, and TV kinda died a little. However, just lately? what with Netflix, Amazon Prime, NowTV etc? TV was now the king again. There's something there for absolutely everybody. Even me. I watch pretty much 95% documentaries (it's an autistic thing...) and I never really struggle to find something to watch.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 15-05-17, 01:49 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 13,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
I hear ya Fish, I've been lamenting the single player games (or lack thereof) for quite some time. Games like Skyrim and FO4 can only last a guy so long. Not interested in online gaming at all, so that makes it hard to find anything decent (although Prey doesn't seem too bad so far).
It's quite ironic really. I've always been a bit of a loner, especially when it comes to video games. Any way, years and years ago I was complaining about this and how single player games cost more to make due to content etc and people were telling me to basically shut up complaining and play COD

I tried it (MW2 on Steam) and absolutely hated it. Last game I think I bought and paid for was Doom.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 15-05-17, 02:16 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
I hear ya Fish, I've been lamenting the single player games (or lack thereof) for quite some time. Games like Skyrim and FO4 can only last a guy so long. Not interested in online gaming at all, so that makes it hard to find anything decent (although Prey doesn't seem too bad so far).
The best games end up being the least demanding ones to run. My brother was telling me about Rimworld and it sounds and looks like an absolute blast. I really loved Banished, but I felt like it didn't have any strong linear reason to keep coming back. I like feeling as if there is a conclusion to a game. Banished didn't have that so it became boring quickly. Prison Architect is very similar, but it was so prohibitively difficult. I became stuck for hours so many times. It's like it was designed to purposefully punish its users into quitting. Rimworld looks like it could fix the issues I had with both of those games.

I also really want to play Firewatch. It looks amazing.

It would have been awesome if Horizon Dawn came to PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Quantum Break was interesting. I played for about two hours and loved the story and ideas, but never returned to it. Mostly because of all of the bugs and issues.

None of those games you mention do anything for me at all. What's a real kick in the nuts is how much I adore Dead Island Definitive, and how well it runs for looking so beautiful. I desperately want the second part now, but they sold the studio and it died on its ass. Such a shame

I hate to admit this but my lady and I were talking in bed last night, as you do. Any way, we agreed that during the 90s it was all about video games. There was something there for every one, and TV kinda died a little. However, just lately? what with Netflix, Amazon Prime, NowTV etc? TV was now the king again. There's something there for absolutely everybody. Even me. I watch pretty much 95% documentaries (it's an autistic thing...) and I never really struggle to find something to watch.
TV shows eventually end up boring to me. They often become repetitive and inconclusive. And rarely do I ever binge watch them. I'm more of a film buff. I watch a lot of films and I usually like to write about them as well for my Letterboxd page. I love video games, but they're not my only squeeze by any means. I'm an avid musician before anything else, and a gear head.

My favourite TV shows would be Breaking Bad, The Simpsons, The Wire, and a few others, but so much TV is littered with extreme violence and porn these days. I just don't like that. I don't want to be turned on while watching a drama surrounding deeply poignant themes and intellectual characters. Why does that guy HAVE to bash that guy's head in SO many times? That doesn't make sense. Game of Thrones for instance doesn't interest me at all. I watched the first two seasons and I was repulsed by it.

I was looking for some good TV to watch the other day and I found Westworld and Deadwood. Since Sci-fi and Western are my two favourite genres I thought I'd hit the jackpot. But I go to IMDB's parental guidance page and what do I see? A 10 on everything. Why does everything have to be so extreme? It's often unnecessary and rarely serves the story. I began watching The OA recently and in the first episode there was a graphic sex scene out of nowhere. What did it do to further the story? It showcased one of the main characters arrogance and insecurity issues, something that could have been exposed in less obtuse ways. Instead Netflix wants to get all the horny teens watching when you could just go to a porn site if you want smut.

Off-topic rant. Sorry.
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 15-05-17, 03:16 PM
Korreborg's Avatar
Korreborg Korreborg is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Viborg - Denmark
Posts: 670
They have announced Starcraft Remastered
Otherwise, The Emergency games is quite fun for a single player
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 15-05-17, 03:46 PM
Tolemac's Avatar
Tolemac Tolemac is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bonkersville.UK
Posts: 2,510
Well i'll be buying the £600+ VEGA if thats the price. Some people are going to ask why and it's simply this " Because I want one".
__________________

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 15-05-17, 05:03 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 16,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
Well i'll be buying the £600+ VEGA if thats the price. Some people are going to ask why and it's simply this " Because I want one".
I've been saving up for a long time for Vega. I'll buy whatever seems to be the highest performance/dollar. Money been tight lately and had to dip into my cash for Vega. Sucks, but I want Vega really bad
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 15-05-17, 05:40 PM
Bartacus Bartacus is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 2,486
I think so of us (ie me) want anything OTHER than Nvidia at this point. Someone call Matrox and get them back in the game!
__________________
Guts: ThreadRipper 2950X / GB Aorus Xtreme X399 / 64GB TridentZ Royal 3600CL16 / Zotac GTX 1080Ti x2 / EVGA 1000W PSU
Storage: 6TB RAID0 NVME array (ADATA SX8200 Pro 2TB x 3)
Water Cooling: HeatKiller TR4-Pro CPU block / HeatKiller IV GPU blocks / 360mm Darskide LP360 rads x 3 / Heatkiller reservoir

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 15-05-17, 06:19 PM
The_Governour's Avatar
The_Governour The_Governour is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 946
I had saved cash for AMD VEGA but i got tired of waiting, so I sold my Soul and went 1080ti AMP EXTREME.....

Would have wanted the AMD equivilant.... just it takes AMD for ever to release VEGA.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 10:07 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.