Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 21-07-14, 08:49 PM

I played the very first Elite on an Acorn Electron (We couldn't afford a BBC Micro).

I've bought the beta so get in soon, looking forward to this. I played that first game for 3 or 4 years to get Elite rating.

Old 21-07-14, 08:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Is it less boring now?
/edit
Landing on planets will be DLC. How's that supposed to work out in multiplayer.

/edit 2
Someone talk me out of this.
Old 21-07-14, 09:09 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Tbh i watched some gameplay on this earlier today for the first time and i instantly thought, Star Citizen has nothing on this. Its pretty much everything improved from that but seems to be far more promising.
Old 21-07-14, 09:11 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Tbh i watched some gameplay on this earlier today for the first time and i instantly thought, Star Citizen has nothing on this. Its pretty much everything improved from that but seems to be far more promising.
nevermind the fact it actually is playable, is currently well optimized and is on track to actually finish/release.
Old 21-07-14, 09:12 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsyerproblem View Post
nevermind the fact it actually is playable, is currently well optimized and is on track to actually finish/release.
Yes and its not all hype which is what seems to be driving Star Citizen atm.
Old 21-07-14, 09:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Quote:
Comparing games in alpha phase with completely different goals and priorities. Solid boys.
I still want to give this a go. Not sure if it's worth 60 euros though.
Old 21-07-14, 09:17 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
Comparing games in alpha phase with completely different goals and priorities. Solid boys.
Doesn't mean i can't give my opinion on what i think is better? I do not care what the different goals and priorities are.
Old 21-07-14, 09:18 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
You're right. we shouldn't compare releases this long before either launches.

My point is that unlike those who paid for Star Citizen, those that pay for this have something fun to do for now and a clear release schedule. How long did it take to get anything from SC? Is dogfighting out yet?

I personally don't like the practice of pre-ordering games. Games like Total War etc have burned me too many times. I'll buy it when it launches and it can properly judge if i'd like it.
Old 21-07-14, 09:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Quote:
Doesn't mean i can't give my opinion on what i think is better? I do not care what the different goals and priorities are.
Your whole opinion is based on "Star Citizen has nothing on this", followed by stating that this game does everything better than Star Citizen, hence implying that the games have the same goals and priorities. Don't give me the "i'm just stating my opinion, i don't have to validate it" bs.

Quote:
You're right. we shouldn't compare releases this long before either launches.

My point is that unlike those who paid for Star Citizen, those that pay for this have something fun to do for now and a clear release schedule. How long did it take to get anything from SC? Is dogfighting out yet?

I personally don't like the practice of pre-ordering games. Games like Total War etc have burned me too many times. I'll buy it when it launches and it can properly judge if i'd like it.
Dogfighting is out, no idea if it's any good, i am only interested in the exploring and trading part.
I don't really care whether they are on schedule or not, i rather have them delay a module for a couple of months than release crap, not implying here that the Elite guys are releasing crap, but to be fair their goals are smaller than those of SC.
I am feeling that this game might get the underdog bonus here, i am not giving anyone an underdog bonus.
In general i don't like to preorder either, but this is more a thing of support. Without support there won't be a good game.
Old 21-07-14, 09:24 PM
The Webmaster

I should be able to get a stream up at some point this week, I'm thinking possibly Thursday or Friday night, I'll have a buddy flying with me for funsies.

I'll show some of the single player missions as well as the multiplayer

If there's something in particular you want to see, make a list!

I'll do a Beta launch stream for the 29th as well if people are interested, there will be chuffin' loads to see then!!

@Seeka, yeah dude, walk around ships, walking around starports/stations and interacting with others, boarding other people's vessels, and landing on planets are all on the DLC roadmap.

As for how it will work, they made (and subsequently canned due to publisher issues i hear) a 3rd person shooter type of game ( i forget the name but it actually looked a lot like watchdogs from the footage i saw earlier), the engine is more than capable of doing it, also the planets will be procedurally generated so there will be plenty to see!
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!