Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 21-10-20, 03:03 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 18,992
Leaked Ryzen 9 5900X benchmark bests AMD's 3950X with fewer cores

Zen 3's giving AMD a major single-threaded performance boost.



Read more about AMD's Ryzen 9 5900X beating AMD's Ryzen 9 3950X in Geekbench 4.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 21-10-20, 03:26 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,028
That's bonkers. This generation's six core could match or beat last gen's eight core.
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21-10-20, 03:47 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,574
If Zen 3's single core performance actually translates well into games, And not just a few select benchmarks, Intel are going to have to seriously rethink their product stack going forward.
__________________
If you think about it, VR is free unreal estate.....

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21-10-20, 05:46 PM
Dark NighT's Avatar
Dark NighT Dark NighT is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
If Zen 3's single core performance actually translates well into games, And not just a few select benchmarks, Intel are going to have to seriously rethink their product stack going forward.

They should have been doing that the moment Ryzen was released instead of mocking AMD and fiddling with 10nm.
__________________
Rig: Cpu: AMD R7 3700X. Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 wifi. Ram: Gskill Royal Silver 3200mhz cl16: Gpu: Msi RTX2070 Armor. Asus Xonar STX II.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21-10-20, 06:12 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
They should have been doing that the moment Ryzen was released instead of mocking AMD and fiddling with 10nm.

Agreed, But what a lot of people don't realise is that companies like Intel are actually headed by fat old out of touch men, Like most game companies infact i.e Nintendo, They only care about their profit margins, If they are good they'll just continue to do small incremental updates to their product stacks, Once Intel properly gets hit in the pocket book we'll start seeing them go into panic mode as they cannot meet their shareholders expectations.
__________________
If you think about it, VR is free unreal estate.....

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21-10-20, 06:52 PM
Dark NighT's Avatar
Dark NighT Dark NighT is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Agreed, But what a lot of people don't realise is that companies like Intel are actually headed by fat old out of touch men, Like most game companies infact i.e Nintendo, They only care about their profit margins, If they are good they'll just continue to do small incremental updates to their product stacks, Once Intel properly gets hit in the pocket book we'll start seeing them go into panic mode as they cannot meet their shareholders expectations.

Capitalism at its finest, look at Bobby Kotick, a man who couldn't give a rat's ass about games in general and is just in there for the big business that gaming has become, that man doesn't care at all, yeah i think we could have an endless discussion about this but the point is very strong with Lisa Su, she's an enthousiast engineer with the qualifications to lead the teams and she's been absolutely fantastic with it.


We need more of those people in leadership positions at big corperations, but i doubt this will happen anytime soon.
__________________
Rig: Cpu: AMD R7 3700X. Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 wifi. Ram: Gskill Royal Silver 3200mhz cl16: Gpu: Msi RTX2070 Armor. Asus Xonar STX II.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 22-10-20, 11:29 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
Capitalism at its finest, look at Bobby Kotick, a man who couldn't give a rat's ass about games in general and is just in there for the big business that gaming has become, that man doesn't care at all, yeah i think we could have an endless discussion about this but the point is very strong with Lisa Su, she's an enthousiast engineer with the qualifications to lead the teams and she's been absolutely fantastic with it.

We need more of those people in leadership positions at big corperations, but i doubt this will happen anytime soon.

It's greedy human nature at its finest, Capitalism is just a tool, Look at what Lisa Su is doing, That is capitalism at its finest, Just at the pother end of the scale i.e continually innovating.
__________________
If you think about it, VR is free unreal estate.....

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 22-10-20, 11:41 AM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 5,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
Capitalism at its finest, look at Bobby Kotick, a man who couldn't give a rat's ass about games in general and is just in there for the big business that gaming has become, that man doesn't care at all, yeah i think we could have an endless discussion about this but the point is very strong with Lisa Su, she's an enthousiast engineer with the qualifications to lead the teams and she's been absolutely fantastic with it.

We need more of those people in leadership positions at big corperations, but i doubt this will happen anytime soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
It's greedy human nature at its finest, Capitalism is just a tool, Look at what Lisa Su is doing, That is capitalism at its finest, Just at the pother end of the scale i.e continually innovating.
How is any of this related to the thread in question? Leaks of Ryzen 9 5900X beats 3950X’s in benchmark?...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 22-10-20, 12:07 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
How is any of this related to the thread in question? Leaks of Ryzen 9 5900X beats 3950X’s in benchmark?...

It's to do with the topic at hand, Happens in adult conversations quite a lot.
__________________
If you think about it, VR is free unreal estate.....

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 22-10-20, 12:08 PM
trawetSluaP's Avatar
trawetSluaP trawetSluaP is online now
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
How is any of this related to the thread in question? Leaks of Ryzen 9 5900X beats 3950X’s in benchmark?...
Unfortunately I've come to expect nothing less on these forums.

Seems every other thread manages to get to turned into a political debate or an argument over off-topic subjects.

I for one am really pleased with the leaks so far and hope they hold true as I am swaying more toward an AMD CPU upgrade than waiting for Rocket Lake.
__________________
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | ViewSonic XG270QG, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 12:02 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.