Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 24-09-18, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Bear in mind, that adding all that will ramp up your insurance and destroy your resale value. Unless you put all the original parts back on it. No one likes to see such things on a car when they buy it usually,

1. gives the impression that the car has been hammered from A to B everyday (even if you are a sunday driver)

2. Body kits are personal, might not be to the liking of the next person.

3. People may go back to not pulling over and waving you passed

But honestly do you really need all that? I would have preferred to invest that cash in a better BMW model. Coming from someone who worked as a mechanic in a body shop, extreme modding can lead to far worse fuel efficiency and horrible driving experience, just for that "whoosh" on a turbo drop valve, or that extra speed round a bend.

I remember dropping my Audi low with some sport suspension. Was fun at first, but then slowing down to 5mph to navigate over speed bumbs got tedious Mainly because the body kit I had, was a really low. Ah well, the things we do when we are 18yrs old.

Just depends if you want form over function.

...holy hell I rambled on a bit there :O
To be fair - most of these modifications are pretty standard in the BMW UK scene and I don't think the non-reversible mod would affect the resale all that too badly. But I agree about getting a better model.

Old 24-09-18, 12:07 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
To be fair - most of these modifications are pretty standard in the BMW UK scene and I don't think the non-reversible mod would affect the resale all that too badly. But I agree about getting a better model.
Yeah it could be since I was moving cars on almost a daily basis. The enthusiasts always wanted things original, so body kits, spoilers (and boot replacement since people couldnt resist bolting them >.<), dropped suspension etc all had to go. That is where we made money. Removing mods and installing original/refurb parts. It was all about restoration.

One thing I am glad at, is even in Norway, the Fast and furious craze of car modding is long dead. Now you can buy a car that looks stock, even with original sound system.
Old 24-09-18, 12:40 PM
OC3D Elite

The stuff I am thinking of doing doesn't need to be done, to be honest nothing need's to be done to it, as it's perfectly fine as it is, it's just got some things personally I would like to change.

I probably won't end up doing them but will have to have a think about them.
Old 24-09-18, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Yeah it could be since I was moving cars on almost a daily basis. The enthusiasts always wanted things original, so body kits, spoilers (and boot replacement since people couldnt resist bolting them >.<), dropped suspension etc all had to go. That is where we made money. Removing mods and installing original/refurb parts. It was all about restoration.

One thing I am glad at, is even in Norway, the Fast and furious craze of car modding is long dead. Now you can buy a car that looks stock, even with original sound system.
Yeah nowadays for things like body kits it's more about fitting OEM kits that came on with the performance pack that the car didn't originally have etc. Rather than the panty dropping days of Max Power.
Old 24-09-18, 03:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Yeah nowadays for things like body kits it's more about fitting OEM kits that came on with the performance pack that the car didn't originally have etc. Rather than the panty dropping days of Max Power.
They were good old times, as a teenager going to car parks and looking at all the cars