Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > YouTube Forum

Old 18-05-13, 06:21 PM
Average Penis Too

Just saw this video :O

Hey guys, so check this out:

Apperantly, the FX8350 pwns all the above chips at quite a few games!
I hate stuff like this. Makes me want to up my budget to get a FX8350/8320 over the i3 3220 :/
Doesn't help that AM3+ will be sticking around here for quite a while, so I could keep the board for steamroller and maybe even excavator...
Anyways, enjoy, and let me know what you think!

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)

Old 18-05-13, 07:42 PM
OC3D Elite

yes i know a cpu helps with gaming but if you have a pants card it makes the cpu work harder, just invest in a better gpu, is my opinion its probs wrong, i thought thats why you got a better card so the cpu can deal with other things other than fps?
Old 18-05-13, 07:46 PM
born in a.....

Maybe get a 4300 then upgrade to steamroller when it comes out?
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 18-05-13, 10:25 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to alienware
If this is what I think then it comes as no surprise.

When AMD released the 8150 it was completely unknown to Windows. As thus, a completely unsupported technology (even the way the cores strap).

I remember mentioning, possibly to you A_N a while back that once that technology is supported and takes hold things will change for AMD.

When Windows 8 launched it supported the BD architecture properly. There are now hotfixes for Windows 7 to do the same thing.

It isn't just that, either. Nvidia have sat back on their arses lately and not gone out to look to get support from game companies. AMD has been really pushing their PR and getting onboard with companies like Square Enix, Codemasters and so on. They're literally sniping Intel and cutting their throats.

All the time Nvidia let this happen (and it's a bit late now TBH) AMD are going to end up with games that run better on their technology. Not only that, but they are also going to be able to bundle those games with their GPUs and so on to make them more attractive.

Even though I admit I laughed pretty loudly when BD released (tbh it was more of an angry laugh at how disappointed I felt !) I did feel pretty gutted. However, right from day one I did not show "Intelitus" and not pay attention to what I was reading. It said that IF AMD could get the architecture supported then things could change and be flipped on their head.

Amazingly it's starting to happen. I watched those videos last night as well as all of Linus' and it definitely seems AMD have been pushing hard.

That, coupled with their recent price drops to almost pennies per core?

Hey, they got my money.
Old 19-05-13, 06:25 AM
Average Penis Too

You're absolutely right!
Amazingly I never saw this coming .
I guess I was a bit of a fanboy. Strange though, I've been AMD for life. Even the system before the Antique Rig. That was like an AMD k6 166MHz

Nr. #00 (Club Owner)

Old 19-05-13, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
Maybe get a 4300 then upgrade to steamroller when it comes out?
I would just hold on and buy a 8320. FX 4100 quad core - £90. 8320 Octocore - £120. LMAO seems they need to do some price revising
Old 19-05-13, 01:35 PM
Average Penis Too

Yeah you're probably right, though I feel like if I get the FX8320, I'll never be fully satisfied because I was so close to getting the highest end CPU from AMD. And also the 8320s won't apperantly OC as well as the 8350. Oh, choices choices choices.
I can probably stretch my budget to a FX8320 w/ stock cooler. I hope I can stretch it a bit more though.

And also, if I get the 8320/8350, I wouldn't need to upgrade to steamroller immediately, I could wait for a few months for the prices to drop.
I'm not going to let it get this far again though, and I'm going to upgrade that system more often.

Nr. #00 (Club Owner)

Old 19-05-13, 01:50 PM
Banned

I can help you here because I've been doing some serious research lately !

FX 8320 clocks to 4.2ghz on any board in any rig. Even on 4 - 1 VRMs.

There is no notable difference on a 8350 or 8320 from 4.2 - 4.5 ghz.

There is no notable difference on either from 4.5ghz to 5ghz, leading me to think that software, and or games, do not see any improvement from going over 4.5ghz. This is why you will find that 99% of 3570k users do not go any higher.

The main difference between the 8320 and 8350 is that the 8320 has a lower unboosted clock speed, but it will easily "do" a 8350 when overclocked even on a crap motherboard.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?...320+Eight-Core

^ take a look at that dude. The 8320 is the best value CPU in the entire world right now in the high end stakes.
Old 19-05-13, 01:57 PM
Average Penis Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I can help you here because I've been doing some serious research lately !

FX 8320 clocks to 4.2ghz on any board in any rig. Even on 4 - 1 VRMs.

There is no notable difference on a 8350 or 8320 from 4.2 - 4.5 ghz.

There is no notable difference on either from 4.5ghz to 5ghz, leading me to think that software, and or games, do not see any improvement from going over 4.5ghz. This is why you will find that 99% of 3570k users do not go any higher.

The main difference between the 8320 and 8350 is that the 8320 has a lower unboosted clock speed, but it will easily "do" a 8350 when overclocked even on a crap motherboard.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?...320+Eight-Core

^ take a look at that dude. The 8320 is the best value CPU in the entire world right now in the high end stakes.
Thanks dude! FX8320 it is then!
Do you also know if the Stock cooler is really loud? I probably won't have a high enough budget for a Hyper 212 EVO, so I'll have to wait with that. Or borrow those €30 from my parents. I still get €20 pocket money from them though. Hmmmm...

Also do you know the power consumption of a overclocked 8320? I'll be OC'ing both the 8320 and the GTX660 Twin Frozr. The Twin Frozr gets about 108watt at stock, I know that at least.

Do you think the CX600 will be able to run this all? Or do I need to spend more money on that? Because then I'll definetly not be able to buy a heatsink.

Nr. #00 (Club Owner)

Old 19-05-13, 02:08 PM
Banned

Yes the stock cooler is loud and pretty pants tbh.

The power consumption works out about $20 a year more than a 3570k.

CX600 is fine. Yes Vishera uses more power than a Ivybridge but it's nowhere near as bad as people make out.

It's the age old problem of people buying something and then feeling obliged to continually point out how crap the competition is just to make them feel good about what they decided to buy.

As for a cooler? the Artic Freezer is around £13 UKP of course but should hold the 4.2ghz easy. That's basically what you are aiming for as it's the sweet spot right now.

Edit. You can get the 4.2 on the stock cooler as that's the speed of the 8350 on the same cooler. They are loud though..