Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 06-04-18, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
But for proper games... shooters, RPGs, MMOs, etc... Consoles are useless.
Completely false, have you played FF14 on console? It runs absolutely fine and plays damn well on controller, Nier is excellent on console, persona5, any JRPG you can’t generalise like you have here because in most of these cases the console runs the game better than pc. For twitch shooters only pc will be at an advantage due to kb&m and higher frame rates, but with shooters that are slower paced consoles win out because they’re usually built there then ported over.

Old 06-04-18, 02:15 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPrat View Post
Completely false, have you played FF14 on console? It runs absolutely fine and plays damn well on controller, Nier is excellent on console, persona5, any JRPG you can’t generalise like you have here because in most of these cases the console runs the game better than pc. For twitch shooters only pc will be at an advantage due to kb&m and higher frame rates, but with shooters that are slower paced consoles win out because they’re usually built there then ported over.
Well its purely a subjective opinion. Some look at gameplay, some consider high fps count a deciding aspect, some see massive open world as definitive etc.

What you might claim as being the best mmo might be drab to another. Much the same as his opinion on consoles being useless for MMO. There will always be thousands who believe otherwise.

There are many successful mmo on console, but the opinion on what is enjoyable will always differ from person to person.
Old 06-04-18, 02:52 PM
OC3D Elite

MMO has to have an interest subject. Same with RPG, you simply can not play something you don't love for that length of time.

I put around 3000 hours into FO3. I put about 35 into Skyrim. Same goes for Witcher III. Just not my teakettle.

Old 06-04-18, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Well its purely a subjective opinion. Some look at gameplay, some consider high fps count a deciding aspect, some see massive open world as definitive etc.

What you might claim as being the best mmo might be drab to another. Much the same as his opinion on consoles being useless for MMO. There will always be thousands who believe otherwise.

There are many successful mmo on console, but the opinion on what is enjoyable will always differ from person to person.
Exactly, he was saying consoles were useless for RPG’s, mmo’s etc and that’s completely false, whether you enjoy using that medium is a different story and is subjective.
Old 07-04-18, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
I have seen a lot of Elite Dangerous players who were on consoles move to PC just lately because of this reason.
Isn't it because o/t VR factor that people switch to PC's with that particular game?
Since having a VR HMD I haven't touched a regular game at all. (Shame on me... I know).

If only those bloody VR devs would stop making games for sky acrobats. Some of us are afraid of heights you know!!! :-)