Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Serious Discussion

Old 07-08-13, 09:49 PM

Is it basically just paintballing but with airsoft guns?

Old 07-08-13, 10:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Is it basically just paintballing but with airsoft guns?
fundementally i guess you could say so but not having to lug around a gas tank plus the realistic/sim aspect of airsofting makes for a far more tactical and fun time in my opinion. Like i said i don't have my own gear or anything and borrow a friends but all the people who go tend to wear full camo, chest rigs, helmets etc. I guess it's kinda nerdy but once you try it you realise how much fun it is and i can see why people geek over it
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS RoG Gene VIII, Intel i5 6600K 4.5Ghz, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Kingston Hyper X Fury 480GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Corsair AX760w
Old 07-08-13, 10:24 PM

How do people not cheat and claim that they didn't get hit? Or does that rarely happen? I see that refs are around in some places.
Old 07-08-13, 11:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
How do people not cheat and claim that they didn't get hit? Or does that rarely happen? I see that refs are around in some places.
Due to it being quite an expensive hobby and people tend to be a bit more mature the honour system seems to work. At least the few times i've been hits were called 90% of the time. Sure you get the odd disagreement but meh"
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS RoG Gene VIII, Intel i5 6600K 4.5Ghz, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Kingston Hyper X Fury 480GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Corsair AX760w
Old 07-08-13, 11:46 PM

Can you feel it much when you get hit?
Old 08-08-13, 12:21 AM
OC3D Elite

Not as painful as a paintball but yes you do feel it. remember the guns at most sites shoot between 320-350 feet per second
Old 08-08-13, 01:17 AM
OC3D Elite

In order of purchase

Tokyo marui mk23 socom
Kjw m92f gbb
G&g hk416 cqb
Jg sr25 spr

I love airsoft but I play in shirt and shorts. No one can complain I don't take my hits cos I sure as hell feel them lol. My most powerful one is the sr25 ATM at about 318 fps with.20s so it's 10 below the legal limit so I'm fairly happy. I use madbull tracers in my two big guns. I haven't got any mid caps yet but that's the plan. Just got a massive scope for the sr25. Not that I need it it just looks amazing tis all. I haven't had the time to go to an outdoor site yet but ATM I'm happy with the local indoor. A lot of cheaters but what can you do. I love it
Old 08-08-13, 06:59 AM
OC3D Elite

I find it hard to notice a hit sometimes personally, last time I wasn't sure if I was hit or if a twig hit me so I shouted hit anyway as I didn't want to be that guy, who's not acknowledging his hits.

The first time I went was with my Dad and brother in law. This older guy was acting like the boss and he said to us, okay you lie by the side of this road and we'll all wait further up there so at first we did it and then we thought HA no way are we having this, us three against them 30 so we left before the other team caught up to us, regrouped with our team and got our arses handed to us in this small area in the woods trying to keep the hostages. Anyway, after all this after the game ended...that guy shows up "Ohhh, what happened I thought I heard gunfire" LOL.
Old 08-08-13, 10:12 AM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleDJackson View Post
A lot of cheaters but what can you do. I love it
Switch to full auto and hose the buggers until they wince/cry... I hate cheaters (personally i keep a mag of higher weight bb's on hand for cheaters...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunB-91 View Post
I find it hard to notice a hit sometimes personally, last time I wasn't sure if I was hit or if a twig hit me so I shouted hit anyway as I didn't want to be that guy, who's not acknowledging his hits.
We always maintained, if in doubt, call out. Otherwise it's just not fair. I don't like sites where "if it doesn't hurt, it doesn't count" because that just encourages 'overkill' shots where people get injured, it's not necessary

Part of my current gun list (I will find pics soon I promise)

- Classic Army AK47 with Li-Po

- Classic Army M16A3 chassis (with authentic laser markings) converted and rebuilt into a VLTOR Custom setup, using Magpul body, extra high torque helical gears with a high torque motor and Systema trigger set. Running Li-Po and fires around 480fps with .25s

- Custom SR25 built from ICS full metal body, has dual top gearbox setup for 350fps / 500fps (this is a sniper weapon)

- Tokyo Marui Glock 17

- Magpul Masada - Tan with both 7.62 lower receiver and 5.56 lower receiver

- L96 bolt action rifle running around 530fps last tested

- An MP5 that I can't remember the brand of, but is full metal and is around 380fps or so
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 08-08-13, 11:23 AM
OC3D Elite

SuB...sell me one!

I'll deffo pay the site a visit soon. Just hoping I get my car soon! It's about 20mins to work, and the site is about 15 mins from there so really isn't far away!

Does anybody get these out at home (guns) in the garden? I don't think their are any laws on it as such but I'd imagine if someone spotted you through their window, you'd be in big trouble?