Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Cooling - Other
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 18-03-17, 07:15 PM
Davva2004's Avatar
Davva2004 Davva2004 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Nottingham UK
Posts: 1,161
I use the X method, check this video out comparing the methods.

https://youtu.be/qc7bCC1TmVg

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 19-03-17, 07:15 PM
Hobby Gamer Hobby Gamer is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davva2004 View Post
I use the X method, check this video out comparing the methods.

https://youtu.be/qc7bCC1TmVg
Cool video man. That liquid metal at the end is the coolest of the bunch. (I could become The Silver Surfer with that.)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 19-03-17, 08:26 PM
Bartacus Bartacus is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 2,758
That liquid metal spreads surprisingly well with only a small amount. It's definitely a bit trickier to "paint" the IHS with the brush that comes with it, but it's awesome stuff.
__________________
Games: Ryzen 5950X on GB Aorus Master X570 / Asus TUF 6900XT / 64GB TridentZ Royal 3600CL16 (16GB x 4) / custom loop
Workstation: Threadripper 2950x on GB Aorus Xtreme X399 / Zotac 2080ti / 32GB TridentZ 3200CL14 (8GB x 4) / custom loop
Home Theatre: Ryzen 3900X on Asus C7H X470 / Radeon VII / 16GB G.Skill 3600CL15 (8GB x 2)
/ custom loop
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 20-03-17, 11:28 AM
Hobby Gamer Hobby Gamer is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
That liquid metal spreads surprisingly well with only a small amount. It's definitely a bit trickier to "paint" the IHS with the brush that comes with it, but it's awesome stuff.
I found Liquid Ultra, Liquid Pro (and others) from Coollaboratory, through the "old" reviews over at Benchmarkreviews. But I also read that liquid metal as a TIM can cause corrosion when applied to surfaces it was not designed for.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 20-03-17, 11:37 AM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the Moon.
Posts: 7,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby Gamer View Post
I found Liquid Ultra, Liquid Pro (and others) from Coollaboratory, through the "old" reviews over at Benchmarkreviews. But I also read that liquid metal as a TIM can cause corrosion when applied to surfaces it was not designed for.
Aye you can't use it on Aluminium it's only suitable for Copper or Nickle plated coolers.
__________________
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 20-03-17, 12:08 PM
Hobby Gamer Hobby Gamer is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Aye you can't use it on Aluminium it's only suitable for Copper or Nickle plated coolers.
So it's true.
I also bumped into Liquid Copper TIM at Coollaboratory. In the description it said something like suitable for all surfaces. I'm definitely going to look up the performance in reviews with newer CPUs (if there are any newer reviews).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
application method, ryzen, ryzen die, thermal compound, thermal paste

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 06:12 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.