Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 17-06-18, 11:23 PM

Corsair simitar pro side buttons problem

Hi all, i had the old simitar for 2 yrs and no bother at all, so decided to get a new one but i thought i could just plug it in and away i go. the new one would not work with the old software so i installed the new and set up my new mouse no problem until i went to use my 12 side buttons and nothing. i set up all my 12 buttons 1 -11, 2-2 and so on but nothing. is it the software as i have updated the firmware of the mouse but still nothing. i am running win 7 64bit and cue software 2.24 latest ver. this is driving me mad i even plugged my old mouse in as i knew the side button do work but again nothing. please help thank you all, any advice would be great....

Old 18-06-18, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggtony1966 View Post
Hi all, i had the old simitar for 2 yrs and no bother at all, so decided to get a new one but i thought i could just plug it in and away i go. the new one would not work with the old software so i installed the new and set up my new mouse no problem until i went to use my 12 side buttons and nothing. i set up all my 12 buttons 1 -1, 2-2 and so on but nothing. is it the software as i have updated the firmware of the mouse but still nothing. i am running win 7 64bit and cue software 2.24 latest ver. this is driving me mad i even plugged my old mouse in as i knew the side button do work but again nothing. please help thank you all, any advice would be great....
by the way i have today tried Icue 3.3 but again nothing and also noticed in my device manager a list of errors from the install relating to corsair cue. when i uninstall it there are no errors in my device manager at all, so is the software installing correctly? thx all....
Old 18-06-18, 04:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Sounds software related to me.

1. Export your macros, settings etc to a file so you dont lose them.
2. uninstall cue and navigate to the folder it was installed and delete that too.
3. Restart machine just to remove any residue.
4. Reinstall CUE but dont import your settings. Just test one button with one action, make it left mouse button or similar.

If that works try importing then.

I swapped for a newer one as i gave old one away. My new one worked fine. I just needed to map a few things again.
Old 20-06-18, 03:07 PM

hi Warchild, thx for the reply and info, i will try it and see what happens. i have bought alot of corsair products in the past but the way they are going lately i think i will be looking towards other manufacturers now. i installed a razer naga yesterday for my friend and the side buttons were already done, took me minutes to do inc software, corsair want to take steps like this lol
Old 20-06-18, 04:01 PM

My CUE keeps losing my side buttons as well. I'd set them back up and they'd work for a day or two then they'd stop working again, all but the 7 button anyway. Last week I created a new profile and set up all the buttons again. Here's hoping they stay.

Old 24-06-18, 06:49 PM

hi, tried what you suggested Warchild but nothing. sat a whole day again ??? luckily i bought this from ocuk and i am sending it back to replace it for a razer naga. going to stop buying corsair products now tooooo much hassle but thx all for your help....