Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 16-10-14, 03:22 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
That won't work on these forums fella, just use the Youtube video address

Just using the URL seems to not be as terrible as it used to be anymore.
Youtube tags!

Old 16-10-14, 03:24 AM
OC3D Elite

Excuse the double post but my previous post seems to be messed up.

What the happened there SuB?

What i meant to say was that posting the URL seems to have the same effect as using youtube tags now, didn't know that.
Old 16-10-14, 03:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
That won't work on these forums fella, just use the Youtube video address

It looks like it worked, just took a minute.
Old 16-10-14, 03:28 AM
Bettyswollocks

Glad you posted that I thought it was my eyes playing tricks.. how has it managed to quote your entire post, forum buttons included, very strange.
Old 16-10-14, 03:33 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Glad you posted that I thought it was my eyes playing tricks.. how has it managed to quote your entire post, forum buttons included, very strange.
Must be the youtube tags.
I'm gonna try again.

/edit
Nope, it's not the youtube tags. No idea.
Old 16-10-14, 03:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
Must be the youtube tags.
I'm gonna try again.

/edit
Nope, it's not the youtube tags. No idea.
I got Asseto quite a while back but never thought much of it, I tried the new release and wasn't impressed with it, I didn't care for the need for speed series either, but played the NFS world online a little while, I liked painting the cars. I liked Forza for that too, and I liked the driving in FMS as well. I made a ton of credits selling paint schemes, the best seller was the cammo truck.

Anyways, back to the OP, I'll probably give it a shot, but I am not holding out any real hope. It should be good for a few laughs though.
Old 16-10-14, 03:49 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse Computing PC View Post
I got Asseto quite a while back but never thought much of it, I tried the new release and wasn't impressed with it, I didn't care for the need for speed series either, but played the NFS world online a little while, I liked painting the cars. I liked Forza for that too, and I liked the driving in FMS as well. I made a ton of credits selling paint schemes, the best seller was the cammo truck.

Anyways, back to the OP, I'll probably give it a shot, but I am not holding out any real hope. It should be good for a few laughs though.
Assetto Corsa and NFS are quite different, one is a RaceSim and the other is an arcade racer.
I like Assetto Corsa but i think there is quite a bit of room for improvement. The physics are very solid, the laserscanned tracks are a first for race sims if i recall correctly, in some places the game is pretty gorgeous and the mod support is outstanding. Things that aren't that great are the FFB, the amount of Lotus cars and the weird focus they put on graphics. The tracks and the cars look brilliant and then they wreck the immersion with those ghastly trees.
I am looking forward to pCARS, however that game has its problems as well. The physics are currently very inconsistent, they are very good on some cars and just horrendous on others. Also i think it's quite ironic that a game which is named project C.A.R.S., an acronym for 'Community assisted racing simulator', doesn't have mod support.
I'll play both regardless.
Old 16-10-14, 05:12 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to deigima
Slightly off topic, whats the driving like in this? I expect it to match that of need for speed series (arcadey)
I've got friends trying to convince me to drive in their team but im turning them down at the moment.
Old 16-10-14, 10:23 AM
OC3D Elite

assetto corsa is a simulation so its not arcadey...
if you use a wheel its a good idea to hit the track do a lap then get back to settings and tweek the speed down. then do 2 more laps "and repeat" untill the car is not twitchy as F....
then as you get better change the speed sensitivity of the wheel back down 1 notch at a time.
slower steering speed does help with hig speed corners and stuff. but can make tight corners be slower corners than they need to be..
just keep tweaking till its perfect. then save that.. (also take a prt screen of your settings) because if an update comes then it usually makes you delete your configs for compatibility.
Old 16-10-14, 11:28 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambles1980 View Post
assetto corsa is a simulation so its not arcadey...
if you use a wheel its a good idea to hit the track do a lap then get back to settings and tweek the speed down. then do 2 more laps "and repeat" untill the car is not twitchy as F....
then as you get better change the speed sensitivity of the wheel back down 1 notch at a time.
slower steering speed does help with hig speed corners and stuff. but can make tight corners be slower corners than they need to be..
just keep tweaking till its perfect. then save that.. (also take a prt screen of your settings) because if an update comes then it usually makes you delete your configs for compatibility.
He's talking about the crew.
Yes it's very arcady and not worth your time.