Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 02-04-21, 02:20 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 20,284
Gigabyte reveals its 43-inch Aorus FV43U 4K Pro Gaming Monitor

A 144Hz 4K monitor with HDMI 2.1 and DisplayHDR 1000. Is this the perfect gaming screen?



Read more about Gigabyte's 43-inch Aorus FV43U 4K Pro Gaming monitor.
__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-04-21, 07:54 PM
demonking's Avatar
demonking demonking is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,053
I tried gaming on a 42" 4k before, had to sit 3 feet away from the thing to actually be able to use it and even that was too much really.
Nice TV though would be great with controllers or a lapdog on a sofa
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-04-21, 02:48 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,951
I'd like a 32" 4K 144Hz IPS that doesn't cost an organ
__________________
= Steam/Origin/Uplay - Dicehunter =
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-04-21, 09:21 AM
Dark NighT's Avatar
Dark NighT Dark NighT is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I'd like a 32" 4K 144Hz IPS that doesn't cost an organ

Yep still waiting for that holy grail of monitor size, resolution and speed!

I have been considering going 4k 32 inch, but i cannot, will not go back to 60hz, the smoothness of +100hz on the desktop alone is reason enough to not go back.
__________________
Rig: Cpu: AMD R7 3700X. Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 wifi. Ram: Gskill Royal Silver 3200mhz cl16: Gpu: Msi RTX2070 Armor. Asus Xonar STX II.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-04-21, 02:21 PM
Bartacus Bartacus is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 2,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
Yep still waiting for that holy grail of monitor size, resolution and speed!

I have been considering going 4k 32 inch, but i cannot, will not go back to 60hz, the smoothness of +100hz on the desktop alone is reason enough to not go back.
I have seen "my" version of that holy grail, but it's like $3500CDN here, LOL! I own like 7 monitors, and the Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 35" is "on paper" my perfect display. [email protected] with HDR10 in a 35 inch ultrawide. After using a 4K monitor, I find that resolution utterly useless. 4K is uber hard on the hardware, and you really don't get much if anything in return. I find 3440x1440 to be perfect for my needs, and much more practical.
__________________
Games: Ryzen 5950X on GB Aorus Master X570 / Asus TUF 6900XT / 32GB TridentZ Neo 3600CL16 (16GB x 2) / custom loop
Workstation: Threadripper 2950x on GB Aorus Xtreme X399 / Zotac 2080ti / 32GB TridentZ 3200CL14 (8GB x 4) / custom loop
Home Theatre: Ryzen 3900X on Asus C7H X470 / Radeon VII / 16GB G.Skill 3600CL15 (8GB x 2)
/ custom loop
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-04-21, 02:46 PM
Dark NighT's Avatar
Dark NighT Dark NighT is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
I have seen "my" version of that holy grail, but it's like $3500CDN here, LOL! I own like 7 monitors, and the Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 35" is "on paper" my perfect display. [email protected] with HDR10 in a 35 inch ultrawide. After using a 4K monitor, I find that resolution utterly useless. 4K is uber hard on the hardware, and you really don't get much if anything in return. I find 3440x1440 to be perfect for my needs, and much more practical.

I can't deal with superwide screens, if they are that wide then i want the height to match the ratio, which won't work in my brain!

Also perfectly willing to run 2560x1440 on a 4k for some games, its totally fine, but that res on a 32inch screen is not enough pixels for general use.
__________________
Rig: Cpu: AMD R7 3700X. Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 wifi. Ram: Gskill Royal Silver 3200mhz cl16: Gpu: Msi RTX2070 Armor. Asus Xonar STX II.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 09:07 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.