Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 06-08-19, 11:45 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
You seem to have misunderstood my post dude.

I said that Raja denied everything and even posted on twitter saying he was taking a sabbatical, before leaving and going to Intel. IE - he was thinking of himself and not being straight.

So she would do the same thing. That's how life works. We go through it lying.

Not that I'm saying it's not balls, but even if it's not she would never tell any one any way.

Only time will tell if this is BS.
I don't think you understand though.

They are claiming exclusive insider information WITH NO SOURCE. Literally I could make this an article, gave it to the site in question, and they would publish it.

Lisa is saying it's not true. Because it's not. Raja never confronted the rumours. He just left. She directly within hours denied this. Stark difference.

Old 06-08-19, 11:48 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Nah this is actually what the companies have to do to ensure they're within talent poaching regulations, some US states in particular have quite fiddly legislation around it, so when an employee is being kinda respectfully pushed as was the case with Raja, or they plan to leave well in advance and let both companies know well in advance, they're given the chance to avoid possible accusations of "tortious interference" towards either company from the DOJ. Legislation makes it more or less impossible for any of these big talent transfers to be rushed or done in secret as they'll all be overseen by regulators to ensure nothing nefarious is happening IP or competition wise.
This is not true for AMD. AMD HQ is based in California. Poaching Laws do not exist in California. They exist outside CA. It's literally one of the reasons it's called silicon valley.

Outside of that, they only last for upto 18 months. She has been there longer than 18 months, so if she was outside CA, she could leave with no future litigation against her.
Old 07-08-19, 08:55 AM
OC3D Elite

Yeah cali tried to regulate it out but even then only until a couple of months ago big companies would still use non-solicitation clauses and stuff there. There were a lot of court rulings this years that has only now truly opened things up.

But yeah CEOs are a whole different kettle of fish anyway as the board of shareholders and stuff all need to be informed too that was more regarding Koduri.
Old 07-08-19, 01:49 PM
OC3D Crew

Glad this is not true. She would have been silly to go to IBM over AMD. AMD is a business that is growing, gaining market share and good publicity at the moment. The same cannot be said about IBM who have been in steady decline over the last decade.
Old 13-09-19, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Raja said the same, took a sabbatical and the next we heard he was at Intel.

Moral of this story? Don't trust any one.

I hope this isn't true but money talks and all that.

Hi, Thankfully it's false,
As for Mr Koduri, Within days of the Vega release & backlash over his handling of it Raj Koduri was off on the so called sabbatical, It was clear from day one he was never coming back, he was let go because of how badly he'd mismanaged Radeon & erroded Radeons consumer trust, Calling it a sabattical was just Lisa Su being reasonable, He knew it was coming & I expect he had the move to Intel planned months ago, Intel were desperate for someone to fill the spot he now holds after the previous employer left over a workplace romance several months before, the position had been available for some time. Based on how he handled the top job at Radeon all I can guess is that Intel were desperate.