Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Forum Teams > [OC3D] Gaming

Old 06-03-18, 01:55 PM
OC3D Elite

@Sub these apparently work with ED for just over £55 i'm prepared to take a punt and it's open source software https://www.trackhat.org/product-pag...hoC8HIQAvD_BwE

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 06-03-18, 08:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
@Sub these apparently work with ED for just over £55 i'm prepared to take a punt and it's open source software https://www.trackhat.org/product-pag...hoC8HIQAvD_BwE

That's similar to the EDTracker.

I bought an EDTracker and couldn't use it, it just didn't seem smooth enough and to jittery so never bothered with head tracking in Elite.

Then I got the Rift and wow! When I am not using my Rift I miss the head tracking so much.

If you can get it set up right and working smoothly then you will enjoy it, especially in combat it's brings so much to the table.
Old 07-03-18, 08:50 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
That's similar to the EDTracker.

If you can get it set up right and working smoothly then you will enjoy it, especially in combat it's brings so much to the table.
The ed track uses gyroscopes this is more like TrackIR

I just ordered the X52 and bought voice attack from steam. Now to decide which voice pack I want. Holly from Red Dwarf will be fun but i'll look at the options

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 07-03-18, 10:00 AM
The Webmaster

Definitely give that thing above a go, it looks to be basically copying what TrackIR does, so makes sense. It's 100% worth a try, EDTracker has had a few revisions, I think their latest one is much better, it's fairly DIY though if I recall.

Fly safe o7
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 07-03-18, 10:12 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
The ed track uses gyroscopes this is more like TrackIR

I just ordered the X52 and bought voice attack from steam. Now to decide which voice pack I want. Holly from Red Dwarf will be fun but i'll look at the options
Grats on the X52. Holly is a novelty but you will get bored. You can combine packs for incredible humor though.

e.g. One AI gets shut out and complains to you because Holly is busy drooling over a poster of David Hastelhoff and refuses to allow the other AI in, out of jealousy... or something like that.

I highly recommend Verity though. Reworked and expanded. Seline is also quite hot

Nice female AI with a soft French accent. Reminds me of home haha.
Old 07-03-18, 07:13 PM
OC3D Elite

If you want an example of the Voice Packs, have a look at FireyToad on Twitch, he is mainly an explorer but uses alot of the voice packs from HCS.

I have Voice Attack and Orion but I don't use it, I have everything that I need bound to buttons on my X56 and I know where the buttons are so, when I use my Rift I still know exactly where the buttons are.

If your limited on buttons though, the voice commands do help especially in combat for shield cell's, chaff and power management.
Old 08-03-18, 08:10 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
If you want an example of the Voice Packs, have a look at FireyToad on Twitch, he is mainly an explorer but uses alot of the voice packs from HCS.

I have Voice Attack and Orion but I don't use it, I have everything that I need bound to buttons on my X56 and I know where the buttons are so, when I use my Rift I still know exactly where the buttons are.

If your limited on buttons though, the voice commands do help especially in combat for shield cell's, chaff and power management.
I like the idea of using the ships AI it's makes the game more immersive imo I am not interested in VR. I will be setting it up properly today when my X52 arrives

Old 08-03-18, 12:19 PM
OC3D Elite

Tolemac: since you mentioned shoulder issues, I *highly* recommend a docking computer when you start playing. Learn to land properly first, as people said, but buy a docking computer for your ship after that. Most ED players won't use them, but if you have shoulder issues, it's nice to be able to take your hands off the controls and let the ship dock itself. It's also a great time to refresh your snack / drink / etc.

Old 08-03-18, 01:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Tolemac: since you mentioned shoulder issues, I *highly* recommend a docking computer when you start playing. Learn to land properly first, as people said, but buy a docking computer for your ship after that. Most ED players won't use them, but if you have shoulder issues, it's nice to be able to take your hands off the controls and let the ship dock itself. It's also a great time to refresh your snack / drink / etc.
Thanks mate hotas has arrived now to set it up i'll look into a docking computer

Old 08-03-18, 01:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Thanks mate hotas has arrived now to set it up i'll look into a docking computer
Yeah dont get too attached to it though. Eventually you will want to use the optional slot for something more useful, but will feel the need to keep your computer.

The classical music that plays while you dock is nice though.