Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 20-06-17, 11:59 AM
joey117 joey117 is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 576
I end up I meant if warranty will do nothing

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 20-06-17, 12:14 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,899
If you can't find the receipt PM Grey Beard as suggested.

I had a SSD a few years ago that I did not have the receipt for (bought it on an old Ebay account I had closed) so I just posted on the Corsair forum and Yellow Beard (RIP brother) set up an RMA for me any way.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 20-06-17, 12:21 PM
g0ggles1994's Avatar
g0ggles1994 g0ggles1994 is online now
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: I was hoping you could tell me.
Posts: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Also g0ggles. Who would ever open up a PSU in the first place?
Anyone two halves short of a full brain

Joking aside I have known people to open their PSUs up to change the fan and stuff like that. I've always been someone who says never open one, but alas others still do
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 20-06-17, 12:24 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Anyone two halves short of a full brain

Joking aside I have known people to open their PSUs up to change the fan and stuff like that. I've always been someone who says never open one, but alas others still do
Or understands simple electronics. It's really not that hard you know.

Funny how the conversation has turned to that, yet the OP had three warnings from this PSU and kept resetting the trip and trying to power it on.

Maybe the first time, complete with burning smell wasn't enough?

He will be a very lucky boy if his parts survived his continual insistence of starting a PSU that made his house go bang.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 20-06-17, 12:28 PM
Thelosouvlakia's Avatar
Thelosouvlakia Thelosouvlakia is offline
Classy-Fried-Chicken
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Greece
Posts: 2,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Or understands simple electronics. It's really not that hard you know.

Funny how the conversation has turned to that, yet the OP had three warnings from this PSU and kept resetting the trip and trying to power it on.

Maybe the first time, complete with burning smell wasn't enough?

He will be a very lucky boy if his parts survived his continual insistence of starting a PSU that made his house go bang.



The other components themselves have some safety features as well... yesterday I was called to a professors office because they were testing out a new build and the psu went bang, they tried to power a TitanXp with a 500W Tt psu... the psu went bang the card -THANFULLY- survived
__________________

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Theory is when you have the "know how" but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and no one knows why
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 20-06-17, 12:30 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelosouvlakia View Post
The other components themselves have some safety features as well... yesterday I was called to a professors office because they were testing out a new build and the psu went bang, they tried to power a TitanXp with a 500W Tt psu... the psu went bang the card -THANFULLY- survived
That's pure lucky tbh. Glad it worked out.

Last time I had a PSU do something weird was a FSP unit. I had it running a couple of fans to test it and it just stopped. Disconnected the fans, used a paper clip BANG. Big blue spark. Thankfully I disconnected it from anything it could have zapped.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 20-06-17, 12:31 PM
joey117 joey117 is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 576
I have pm Grey Beard but I have heard back
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 20-06-17, 12:34 PM
g0ggles1994's Avatar
g0ggles1994 g0ggles1994 is online now
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: I was hoping you could tell me.
Posts: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Or understands simple electronics. It's really not that hard you know.

Funny how the conversation has turned to that, yet the OP had three warnings from this PSU and kept resetting the trip and trying to power it on.

Maybe the first time, complete with burning smell wasn't enough?

He will be a very lucky boy if his parts survived his continual insistence of starting a PSU that made his house go bang.
Aye I agree that if you have any knowledge of electronics you can open one safely, for me its that there is literally no reason to make opening one worth it. I've already said I'd rather RMA my PSU if the fan dies out than changing it myself because I'd invalidate any warranty left.

Also I agree with you there on the whole trying to boot after the fuse box tripped, that would be an instant red flag. I wouldn't dare using it after that, I'd break out the multimeter and my 24pin jumper and do some troubleshooting without it being connected to anything.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 20-06-17, 12:39 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey117 View Post
I have pm Grey Beard but I have heard back
He's in the USA, so may not even be at work yet. He's also mad busy, so exercise some patience dude
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 20-06-17, 02:16 PM
joey117 joey117 is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 576
I total understand I messaged him yesterday put I will wait to see what he says if it is a week are even 2
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 06:31 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.