Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Rig Gallery

Old 13-02-14, 03:44 PM

Question. I've been eyeballing this case for a while now.
I'd like to have 3 radiators inside, 360 up top, 280 in front, and 240 on bottom. I'm a big fan of using every bit of space, whether I need to drill new mounting holes or not. Would this setup fit with 35mm thick radiators in all locations with Corsair fans mounted on them?

Mainly, I want to know if a 480 can fit up top, if a 280 will fill the front well, and if a 240 will fill the bottom well... all without making things too cramped.

Old 13-02-14, 04:46 PM

damn, thats one nice looking rig right there!
Old 13-02-14, 06:29 PM

You will be able to fit a 420, but a 480 will be a VERY tight fit, I wouldn't try it, as it will be all the way to the FP connectors in the front. The slightly lowered part of the top panel where the different mounting holes are is 46cm, with about 4cm to spare. So if you really wanted to, you could be able to fit one with a little bit of modding, but there's obstructions in both the front and rear.

The problem with this case though is that the fan mounts in the bottom aren't too well utilized. They're way too close to the front, so I'm not sure if you can fit a rad in both the front and the bottom. I don't have any spare radiators around to check, but I think Hardwarecanucks mentioned it in their review of the 750D. If I remember correctly, you kinda have to choose one of them. I'll have to disassemble my rig to find it out for you and I'm not too keen on doing that. :P
Old 13-02-14, 08:26 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't ask you to do that, haha.

Would you be able to take a well-lit picture of that front section? The top panel too? Thanks! If not, no worries. I'll have to see if the Googly machine can turn anything else up for me.
Old 15-02-14, 05:09 PM

I'll get it done tomorrow. I've had alot to do, so haven't found the time yet.
Old 18-02-14, 03:21 PM

Right! So I had a quick look at what I'd have to remove to get rid off the harddrive cage to show you the exact measurements and all for rads in the front, but it really was alot, so I tried to find another way to get some pictures of it.

I've also cleaned up the cables a little bit around the power supply, the front IO, SATA data cables aswell as the PCI-E cables. It's not much as I'm restricted by way too short cables for the PCI-E and front IO and a awkwardly placed USB 3.0 connector on my current motherboard, so untill I try out cable sleeving next week, this will be the about the best I can do with what I've got in my opinion, but I'd love some more advice to make everything even more tidy and better looking.

So here are the new pictures:

Now, over to the measuring for radiator capacity:

The top:

As you can see, there's a 51cm to the very edge of the top panel before the front section starts.

It's a quite tight spot, but you should be able to push in something slightly longer than a 360mm rad.

Now for the bottom:

This was the best I could do as I would've had to rip out my entire Corsair Link to be able to get the HDD cage out.

At the edge, where I put the.. uhm.. Measurement stick (!), is where the front fan mounts are, right next to the fan mounting holes in the bottom of the case, so I'd say you wouldn't be able to fit a radiator in the bottom, but what do I know, you could try, but it's a safer bet on the front, where you got multiple fan holes for different heights and the option of drilling some more if you so desire.
Old 18-02-14, 03:24 PM

have you tried moving the artic cooler 120mm rad to the front panel?

Corsair 800D/ 16gb Corsair Vendgea LP 1866mhz / Radeon R9 290x / XSPC 290x CPU block / EK res and pump / EK 360mm x 60mm rad / XSPC compression fittings / AMD FX 8-core Black Edition FX-8320 / Heat Killer 3.0 LC customized CPU block /Gigabyte Socket am3+ GA-990FXA-UD3/Samsung 830 series 64gb ssd/ WD 2tb 7200rpm.

Old 18-02-14, 03:58 PM

Yes I have, but the GPU bends too much. Didn't like it so I tried to find another way to fit it and this seemed like the better option. Atleast compared to the front.

Tags
accelero, aio, arctic, corsair, obsidian