Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants

Old 03-02-14, 08:20 PM
OC3D Elite

^^Paid subscriptions to services/sites that should be free to use is always a bad idea. I would openly donate to a service I enjoy using, but I would hate to pay a subscription to unlock certain "perks." This often leads to a segregated community where the "standard" members are treated like s**t.

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 780 Ti ACX || Memory: 16GB - Mushkin Blackline 8GB + Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB || SSD's + HDD's: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (OS + Programs) + Caviar Black 2TB (Games + Storage) || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v

Old 03-02-14, 08:23 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by yassarikhan786 View Post
^^Paid subscriptions to services/sites that should be free to use is always a bad idea. I would openly donate to a service I enjoy using, but I would hate to pay a subscription to unlock certain "perks." This often leads to a segregated community where the "standard" members are treated like s**t.
This guy was a trader on the site so in pc terms it would be something like corsair paying to have a section for their products on here and some advertising. They would be moderators of their section too.

Case: Cosmos 2 Cpu: 3930k @ 4.6 ghz Mobo: Sabertooth CoolerH100 with Sp120 Quiet ed Ram: 16GB Vengence Gpu: Gtx 680 Sli w/ EVGA Backplates Psu: Ax760 Hdd: 2TB seagate green Ssd: 120GB Corsair Force GT + 240GB Sandisk Extreme
Nr. #002
Old 03-02-14, 08:27 PM
OC3D Crew

The thing is, some level of moderation is required, otherwise it would be complete anarchy. It's also a bit of a thankless job, often done for free or kudos.
Old 03-02-14, 08:31 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterae View Post
The thing is, some level of moderation is required, otherwise it would be complete anarchy. It's also a bit of a thankless job, often done for free or kudos.
True but when your involved with a good community like this one I imagine it to be quite rewarding as your helping to keep the place sort of clean but still adult'ish
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 03-02-14, 08:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3rni3 View Post
This guy was a trader on the site so in pc terms it would be something like corsair paying to have a section for their products on here and some advertising. They would be moderators of their section too.
Ah ok. Essentially a "King of the hill" section where the mods/paid members can do whatever the hell they want.
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 780 Ti ACX || Memory: 16GB - Mushkin Blackline 8GB + Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB || SSD's + HDD's: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (OS + Programs) + Caviar Black 2TB (Games + Storage) || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v

Old 03-02-14, 08:39 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Ah ok. Essentially a "King of the hill" section where the mods/paid members can do whatever the hell they want.
On that forum yeah but on others I have been on with the same setup it works fine. It allows traders to advertise and do deals. Deal with customers queries rather fast and easily and it generates revenue for the forum to keep it running.

Its great if the forum admins keep an eye on it but if they don't the trader can give the whole forum a bad name.

Case: Cosmos 2 Cpu: 3930k @ 4.6 ghz Mobo: Sabertooth CoolerH100 with Sp120 Quiet ed Ram: 16GB Vengence Gpu: Gtx 680 Sli w/ EVGA Backplates Psu: Ax760 Hdd: 2TB seagate green Ssd: 120GB Corsair Force GT + 240GB Sandisk Extreme
Nr. #002
Old 03-02-14, 08:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3rni3 View Post
On that forum yeah but on others I have been on with the same setup it works fine. It allows traders to advertise and do deals. Deal with customers queries rather fast and easily and it generates revenue for the forum to keep it running.

Its great if the forum admins keep an eye on it but if they don't the trader can give the whole forum a bad name.
Yeah, not all forums using that system will be the same. The only issue is that you need moderators for moderators and that is a rabbit hole nobody wants to go down

Old 03-02-14, 08:42 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Yeah, not all forums using that system will be the same. The only issue is that you need moderators for moderators and that is a rabbit hole nobody wants to go down
Haha true

Nr. #002
Old 06-08-14, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Before I start ranting I just thought I'd say this has zero to do with anyone from OC3D, Nothing but respect for our Mods/Guv here

I've noticed over the past year or so that mods on forums, PC Enthusiast forums in general, Seem to have gotten a bit power mad when it comes to moderating.

I've seen a lot of people just having a mature adult discussion were all involved contribute something to the discussion only to have the whole thing cut short or off completely by an over zealous moderator because he, She or more likely "It" doesn't share the same view point.

Or even worse, Posts edited so it falls more in line with the moderators "Standards" which seem to be sub-human.

For instance me a and few friends were chatting about bodybuilding, Supplements, Products etc... and because the moderator of that forum didn't like the direction of the discussion he/she/it closed the thread and even went as far as to ban someone.

Personally I'm getting really sick and tired of certain mods and it's only really on PC enthusiast forums where they are at their absolute most despicable.

Anyone else think it's time that some mods need to BTFO and let adults be adults ?

I too have experienced this on forums.

I used to pay a monthly subscription to a legitimate forum based file sharing website, and over the years the rules came in thick and fast. it got to a point where i stopped paying, and stopped commenting. As far as the mods discretion thing, I say - Its nice to be important but important to be nice x

Old 06-08-14, 11:56 AM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooport View Post
I too have experienced this on forums.

I used to pay a monthly subscription to a legitimate forum based file sharing website, and over the years the rules came in thick and fast. it got to a point where i stopped paying, and stopped commenting. As far as the mods discretion thing, I say - Its nice to be important but important to be nice x
Shamen reference!

Anyways sometimes it can be hard to be nice all of the time. Especially when its the 999999999th time youve had to try and be nice about the same subject.

Get along or run along. Your choice