Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 29-01-14, 03:41 PM
Munchen Munchen is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6
First build - Budget ~1800$

Hey OC3D!

I am going to build my first computer ever in mid February. I've researched a lot about the parts and I have tried to put something together. I have Keyboard/Mice, but I'll need Windows as well as a monitor. The system will primarily be used for gaming, but I expect it to run almost everything I throw at it. This is what I've put together: https://www.komplett.dk/k/shoplist.a...B-E0B1EF9CF446 Paired with this monitor: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Achieva-Shim...item1e81cbed51

Can I use these components without having to change anything in the next 3+ years? I mostly play games such as LoL and PoE, but I play a lot of different games overall. I won't be playing FPS games and that is why I've went with a nice IPS monitor. Is there anything you would change in this build?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Since the case I've picked doesn't support any 5.25" bays and therefore no optical drives, I would most likely have to get a USB flash drive. How much space is necessary for only having windows on a USB flash drive and is there anything I should be looking for when searching for USB flash drives?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29-01-14, 04:24 PM
MadShadow MadShadow is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: St Andrews, Scotland
Posts: 3,282
Looks like a very solid build to me. If you do not want to play FPS games, that 780 may be slight overkill, but it will certainly last you a while. As for the HDD, go for the WD Black. Not a huge difference, but since your components are such good quality, why throw a lesser HDD in there.

So yeah, get the WD Black.
__________________
|i5 4460|8GB RAM|R9 380 4GB|ASUS Z97-I Plus|WD Blue 1TB|Corsair RM650|Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX|


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29-01-14, 04:25 PM
Munchen Munchen is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenShadow View Post
Looks like a very solid build to me. If you do not want to play FPS games, that 780 may be slight overkill, but it will certainly last you a while. As for the HDD, go for the WD Black. Not a huge difference, but since your components are such good quality, why throw a lesser HDD in there.

So yeah, get the WD Black.
Okay thanks, sounds good!

What is the differences between the blue and the black HDD?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29-01-14, 04:28 PM
MadShadow MadShadow is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: St Andrews, Scotland
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchen View Post
Okay thanks, sounds good!

What is the differences between the blue and the black HDD?
Basically, its just faster, so why not? :P
__________________
|i5 4460|8GB RAM|R9 380 4GB|ASUS Z97-I Plus|WD Blue 1TB|Corsair RM650|Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX|


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 29-01-14, 04:28 PM
Cru's Avatar
Cru Cru is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,488
not a fan of cooler master PSUs
i'd switch that to seasonic/xfx/corsair

and maybe a bigger HDD, 2TB isn't that much more expensive

other than that it looks good
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 29-01-14, 05:23 PM
anti-duck anti-duck is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 89
That CM V650S is really highly rated. I love that case, I was looking at it myself but has it been released yet?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 29-01-14, 05:29 PM
Munchen Munchen is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-duck View Post
That CM V650S is really highly rated. I love that case, I was looking at it myself but has it been released yet?
Nope, it isn't out just yet. It will be available here in Denmark at 18th of February. That is the reason I am waiting to mid February with the build!

I haven't been able to find any reviews of the CM V650S just yet. Have you perhaps found any?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 29-01-14, 05:30 PM
Munchen Munchen is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru View Post
not a fan of cooler master PSUs
i'd switch that to seasonic/xfx/corsair

and maybe a bigger HDD, 2TB isn't that much more expensive

other than that it looks good
Currently using around 130GB of space in my Laptop, so I don't even think I'll be close to even use 1TB!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 29-01-14, 05:49 PM
Cru's Avatar
Cru Cru is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchen View Post
Currently using around 130GB of space in my Laptop, so I don't even think I'll be close to even use 1TB!
don't say that. the next summer sale will consume you

the price difference really isn't that huge
http://www.komplett.dk/seagate-barracuda-2tb/653071
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 29-01-14, 05:51 PM
Munchen Munchen is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru View Post
don't say that. the next summer sale will consume you

the price difference really isn't that huge
http://www.komplett.dk/seagate-barracuda-2tb/653071
Haha, that is of course right! I'll definitely think about it!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gaming, intel, nvidia, nzxt

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 01:35 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.