Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants

Old 07-01-09, 05:56 PM
OC3D Crew

Yes thats right, besides if its busted then there entitle to replace, always sign as not checked when courrier delivers.

specieltech are good but a bit relaxed on the delivery OCUK beat them for me as they tend to stock more and the delivery is like clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Ham'
Nothing really worng with ST. A few shreads of cardboard are more than a lot of companies will do. Lots just stick a city link bag around the item.

Lian Li V1000 Plus - Core i7 920-Rampage II X58-Watercooled With 2x Feser TFC Xchanger 120mm Rad, EK Supreme Acrylic CPU Block, Laing DDC-1T Ultra Alphacool Top XSPC Res-XFX GTX295 (Overclocked 680/1380/1100mhz) - 3x2GB (6GB Total) Corsair Dominator Triple Channel DDR3 1600mhz - Tagan Piperock 1100w PSU - OCZ Summit 120GB SSD (O.S) - 2x WD Velociraptors Raid-0 (Storage) -Windows 7 RC1 64Bit
Old 07-01-09, 10:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Asus' website is

unspeakably bad
Old 07-01-09, 10:31 PM
Advanced Member

Do customs count, every single package I order from the USA they seem fit to either A delay it by a week or B open it up and see whats inside am I on some sort of blacklist who knows silly cheesecake.
Old 08-01-09, 01:14 AM
OC3D Crew

Do you get charged for the honour of them opening your stuff up and having a nose through?
Old 08-01-09, 01:51 AM

ebuyer.com are pretty terrible when it comes to packaging, though on the flip side their prices are on the whole very competitive for the mainstream stuff, and delivery is usually ok (but their city link courier service I find have often left card claiming to of called when they hadnt - my mum who lives a few miles from me has said the same).

Anyhoo, back to ebuyer, and they tend to just not wrap things up. About a year or more, I bought a rather expensive VGA card, think it was a 9900gtx (not sure to be honest), it just came in a plastic bag, nothing else, next day delivery plastic bag. Unsurprisingly it didnt work as the packaging within the box itself was crap to begin with so the card was loose inside rattling about.

Moaned at ebuyer, and they took back the old and soon shipped a new. But well.. a £350 odd VGA card and NO packaging?

I think these days it needs to be up to the manufacturers of these products to ensure their goods get packaged very well at the factories, because the retailers dont do it for them. No Sir.

And while I am ranting at 3am because the bloody cats woke me up again (anyone want some cats?) Play.com are as bad. They had a £100 off offer for the whole 10 odd seasons of star trek, only £49 delivered! Now thats a good deal, but it came in a box which was half open, about 3 foot long with 2 tiny pieces of that air-wrap packaging stuff. Ugh.
Old 09-01-09, 12:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Asus are pretty annoying, fortunately, the only problem I have ever had with them is with a Mobo which died, but I took it back to microdirect and they were very nice and replaced it that day, hlped me put the pc back together etc.

Corsair seem to be a PITA at the mo, I sent my memory to them, airsure and despite Royal mail saying it arrived on Tuesday, they say it arrived wednesday, and haven't got around to telling me anything else.

Also i need it back monday or my parents have to shell out even more for shipping (insured) to Oxford.

Generally I've been impressed with Yoyotech, when I ordered the memory, it came in a bulletproof double walled box, filled with bubble wrap and what not. Same with Tritek actually.

Then again Miniitx sent me my artigo builder kit by "insert well known courier service here". I found it on the door steo, in full view, with a big label on the side of the box saying "Mini ITX Computers" and in the rain. Fortunately it still worked, but replacing it when the board died was a week and a bit of misery.

i9 7980XE 4.6GHz - EK Supreme EVO - Asus - X299-RVIE - 32GB 3677MHz RAM - 2 x 2080Ti EK Cu Block - Creative Titanium Pro - Tower - Samsung 970 Pro 512GB - Plextor 240GB PCIe SSD - 6TB HD - Dual Loop
Old 17-01-09, 11:55 PM

I dont know the 1.st company but i can tell for asus im happy with it and thier products so far no problems with them.
Old 18-01-09, 12:18 AM
OC3D Elite

Well, wait till you have a problem with them, then see what we mean. Talk about lack of telephone support or email replies...

i9 7980XE 4.6GHz - EK Supreme EVO - Asus - X299-RVIE - 32GB 3677MHz RAM - 2 x 2080Ti EK Cu Block - Creative Titanium Pro - Tower - Samsung 970 Pro 512GB - Plextor 240GB PCIe SSD - 6TB HD - Dual Loop