Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants

Old 29-07-08, 11:32 AM
OC3D Elite

Nah, no whammy bar. I think it has a trussed neck, not completely sure as I am no guitar boffin.. just enjoy playing.

My Guitar can be found here.

Nice thread revival.

Old 29-07-08, 07:09 PM
OC3D Elite

Ok look at the headstock (where the tuner thingys are) does it have something that looks like you can put an allan wrench and turn something in the neck? That would be a truss rod. If you ever do get a floating trem its wise to lock it before trying to tune it. (After changing strings). Heres what i do lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e/100_0678.jpg

I just recently went from 9 gauge to Ernie Ball Heavy bottom slinky tops and couldnt for the life of me figure out why it wasnt tuning up. See, unlike alot of people i have no troubles restringing or tuning a floating trem. But this thing was killin me! Then it hit me that i needed a 4th spring on the lower end for the heavier strings. DOH! Now its fine.

Here is Kelzie and my mini Marshall stack.

Old 29-07-08, 07:18 PM
OC3D Crew

Nice setup PP...!

If the guitar was setup OK from new you shouldn't have to adjust the truss rod unless you're changing string gauges (fatter strings = more neck tension = more bow in the neck). Depending on the guitarist, (I include myself here) most would only use fatter strings where dropped tuning the guitar...

Dropped tunining on light strings = sloppy/slack strings...

I use Ernie Ball 11-54s (Beefy Slinkies) on my hardtail axe and 9-42s on my M-II.

Oh....following on from PP .....here's my axes:

LTD Jon Donais (Shadows Fall) JD600 signature:

An here's my ESP M-II with my POD X3 Live..

If you fancy a chuckle at me playing a bit of a solo....check this out:

Old 30-07-08, 12:09 AM
OC3D Elite

I dont really have a good picture of what i have. That pic is just waht i use in my room with a Metal Zone for practice. Heres sort of a view of what i have.

Drums are mine, Randall (4x10) cab and Peavey amp is mine as well as the 4x12 under it. Randall and 4x12 behind it is mine. The pedals on the right with the pink tape including the Legend 21 is mine as well.

Heres an even older pic showing my first guitar (squire) First Ibanez (Blue RG170r on the left), my 1960 Vintage Stereo Marshall cab, and my 81 Gibson V Voodoo goth.

You can tell its old becasue i dont have Kelzie on the white RG nor do i have the pink tape yet.

Youtube = youtube.com/ppmguire as most know.
Old 30-07-08, 02:35 AM
OC3D Elite

the sexlness.

Old 30-07-08, 05:57 AM
OC3D Elite

Heres the Charvell that i fixed up. I paid 70 bucks for it at a Pawn shop. Replaced the locks, put some D'Adario XL Super Lights on it, put a Seymour Duncan in it and replaced the pot in it. Works like a charm. To bad, i still dont know what model it is lol

Also pictured is a new cab i recently got. Its a solid pine Sunn cab that had 2 Sunn speakers in it that barely worked. I replaced them with Carvin speakers and i prefer it over my 80s GLX cabs now.
Old 30-07-08, 07:24 PM
OC3D Crew

super set up mate!!

Am envious!
Old 30-07-08, 11:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Thank you My gear is old but i take good care of it. Ive replaced the speakers in all of my cabinets. The 80s Crate cabs look like new almost. Ive put wheels on all 3 slant cabs i own.

Heres a good pic of my pedals.

Legend 21 foot controler, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Rock-On 1988 Super Overdrive, Idk what brand but thats a floor tuner. Works well and detects any drop note. Good enough for me :/ And a 1969 reworked Crybaby Wah Wah. The move from my house, to my friends, back to mine gave it a scratchy sound so i gotta fix that

Heres a pic of the V in its case.

Sorry for jacking your thread Tox
Old 31-07-08, 02:07 AM
OC3D Elite

Don't worry PP, I am finding this educational as well as enjoyable look at both of your set ups.

Old 31-07-08, 05:08 PM
OC3D Crew

I am torn atm.....

What amp would you recommend guys? Been looking at a Framus Cobra... and dual cab with 2 Celestion Vintage 30s....any thoughts??