Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants

Old 10-01-08, 02:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Guitar Tuning

BLOODY HELL, I hate it.

Just got new strings for Christmas.. and so I get them all sorted with help from my Guitar genesis Uncle..

Now they are out of tune.. Girlfriend grabs me a digital Guitar tuner.. and it just doesn't work.

Sitting for the last hour working on this fooking thing.... got 3 strings done.. on to the next, and it thinks the string is like E instead of B.. I go back to the strings I have just done and now they have gone out of tune again.

Driving me crazy!

Old 10-01-08, 02:10 PM
OC3D Elite

I think you need to buy a better guitar tuner, or learn by ear

Mobo: ABIT IP35 Off Limits!

RAM: Crucial Ballistix (1024MBx2)

HD: WD 150GB Raptor & Integral 1TB

GPU: nVIDIA 7800GTX 512MB

PSU: PCP&C 750W Silencer
Old 10-01-08, 02:28 PM
OC3D Elite

well if it thinks it is E, then its currently too high, so tune it lower until it recognises that its B, then use the tuner
Old 10-01-08, 03:43 PM
OC3D Elite

U can buy guitars now that tune themselves as u use them.

Used to use a crappy mouth organ thing myself, not like I could play anything about 2/3 fingers.

Old 10-01-08, 05:27 PM
OC3D Elite

First you need to learn to recognize what an A string sound like by ear. That would be your 5th string. Then learn to tune by ear. You can use tuners to fine tune. Secondly your guitar is going out of tune so fast becasue you need to stretch your strings as well. You do this first them retune. I usualy go crazy on my whammy bar until it just dosent go out of tuen. Then again my Ibanez has a Floyd Rose type tremolo system so it locks to stay in tune no matter what i do.

If you want i can hop on MSN and try to help you tune it.
Old 10-01-08, 05:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='PP Mguire'
First you need to learn to recognize what an A string sound like by ear. That would be your 5th string. Then learn to tune by ear. You can use tuners to fine tune. Secondly your guitar is going out of tune so fast becasue you need to stretch your strings as well. You do this first them retune. I usualy go crazy on my whammy bar until it just dosent go out of tuen. Then again my Ibanez has a Floyd Rose type tremolo system so it locks to stay in tune no matter what i do.

If you want i can hop on MSN and try to help you tune it.
Would be nice, thats PP!

Old 26-02-08, 09:26 PM

I've got an Ibanez RG with an Edge 3 Tremelo unit, bloody hated the thing until last month when I figured it out

Annyway, the new strings need a week or 2 before they'll hold their tuning perfectly, you just need to break them in. Also, when tuning, if you're sharp, flatten down past the note then tune it to it. I forget why, but that's what I was told to do..

EDIT: This threads a bit dead now..ah well...
Old 02-03-08, 09:21 PM
OC3D Crew

Tox, how you getting on with this mate?

Does your guitar have a tremolo which has a locking mechanism just above the point at where the fretboard starts? A la Floyd Rose? Or is it a straight though type stringing without a tremolo?

Tuning should be relatively easy bud...let us know and I'll chip in my tuppence to help where I can.
Old 29-07-08, 09:03 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Toxcity'
BLOODY HELL, I hate it.
Try re-stringing a Floyd Rose and you´ll know all about it!

Old 29-07-08, 10:42 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Toxcity'
BLOODY HELL, I hate it.

Just got new strings for Christmas.. and so I get them all sorted with help from my Guitar genesis Uncle..

Now they are out of tune.. Girlfriend grabs me a digital Guitar tuner.. and it just doesn't work.

Sitting for the last hour working on this fooking thing.... got 3 strings done.. on to the next, and it thinks the string is like E instead of B.. I go back to the strings I have just done and now they have gone out of tune again.

Driving me crazy!
Is your guitar's neck trussed or not Tox? Does it have a floating tremelo?