Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Sound Cards & Speakers
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 14-06-07, 11:18 PM
Mr. Popo Mr. Popo is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 793
Advance Audio processing + X-Ram = Major boost!

Now this is worth waiting for:

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_prelude.php


Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 14-06-07, 11:33 PM
FragTek's Avatar
FragTek FragTek is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Stafford, VA USA
Posts: 15,959
Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Popo, that sound card is the biggest waste of sperm. Did someone say overpriced?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Ham'
Ive read a lot about the X-Fis taking so much load off the cpu that they get a small FPS boost. Is it the same with these cards?
Small indeed, 1-2fps. Worth $300 for the card investment? HELLLL NO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Mr. Popo'
Advance Audio processing + X-Ram = Major boost!

Now this is worth waiting for:

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_prelude.php

Major boost, rofl. That made my day!
__________________
AMD FX-8370 @ 4.7Ghz | Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | 32Gb G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1866 | XFX Radeon R9 390X
Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb SSD / OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb SSD / 2Tb WD Black / 3 x 2Tb WD Green
PCP&C Silencer 750w | Fractal Design R3
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 14-06-07, 11:38 PM
Mr. Popo Mr. Popo is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='FragTek'
Popo, that sound card is the biggest waste of sperm. Did someone say overpriced?!?!?!

Small indeed, 1-2fps. Worth $300 for the card investment? HELLLL NO.

Major boost, rofl. That made my day!
Dude, a friend of mine tested X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion and it was like extra 15FPS ~.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 14-06-07, 11:39 PM
Ham Ham is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Mr. Popo'
Dude, a friend of mine tested X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion and it was like extra 15FPS ~.
What was the rest of the machine like spec wise?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 14-06-07, 11:40 PM
NickS NickS is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5,430
Nice purchase Frag.

@ the Creative bashing. I think people just diss them because everyone else does. In all reality, their drivers are fine and I can honestly say I've never had any driver issues with my three SB Live 5.1's, my SB Live 24-Bit OR My X-Fi XtremeMusic on XP Home or Vista Ultimate. Some may say its luck, I say its not being retarded *cough*
__________________
Laptop

Sony VAIO CS110E 14.1" :: Core 2 Duo T5800

3GB DDR2-800 :: 250GB HDD :: Intel Media Accelerator

HTPC

Gateway GT4024 :: Intel Pentium D 805 :: 1GB DDR2-667

700GB of Storage :: ATi Xpess200 :: Sharp AQUOS 32" 720p





Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 14-06-07, 11:42 PM
Mr. Popo Mr. Popo is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Ham'
What was the rest of the machine like spec wise?
What I'm sure of is Athlon 64 X2 3800+ and 2GB PC2-6400.

I think he used a 7900GT, or was it a GTX?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 15-06-07, 12:38 AM
FragTek's Avatar
FragTek FragTek is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Stafford, VA USA
Posts: 15,959
Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Mr. Popo'
Dude, a friend of mine tested X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion and it was like extra 15FPS ~.
I'll just pass to that, lol.
__________________
AMD FX-8370 @ 4.7Ghz | Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | 32Gb G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1866 | XFX Radeon R9 390X
Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb SSD / OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb SSD / 2Tb WD Black / 3 x 2Tb WD Green
PCP&C Silencer 750w | Fractal Design R3
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 15-06-07, 01:31 AM
Mr. Popo Mr. Popo is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 793
I'm scared.

Don't know why, but I am.

I'm saving for a new PC, if there wont be any good PCI-Express cards and the price on it will be reasonable... this is my next card:

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_prelude.php

I've read it a couple a times, it's really awesome!

The awesome chip from Creative, and the great tech from Auzentec.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 15-06-07, 04:45 AM
PP Mguire PP Mguire is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,249
Quote:
@ the Creative bashing. I think people just diss them because everyone else does. In all reality, their drivers are fine and I can honestly say I've never had any driver issues with my three SB Live 5.1's, my SB Live 24-Bit OR My X-Fi XtremeMusic on XP Home or Vista Ultimate. Some may say its luck, I say its not being retarded *cough*
Both of those Lives suck honestly. Im not a basher of sorts like your talking about, and deffinately not retarded where computers are concernd. When playing BFME I and i enabled EAX3 with the 24-bit i dropped about 5fps. And that game is like OLD.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 15-06-07, 05:31 AM
NickS NickS is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='PP Mguire'
Both of those Lives suck honestly. Im not a basher of sorts like your talking about, and deffinately not retarded where computers are concernd. When playing BFME I and i enabled EAX3 with the 24-bit i dropped about 5fps. And that game is like OLD.
I know lives suck, that was back when I wasn't really into gaming. Also, do you really notice a difference when you enable EAX? I honestly never did. You seem to think it's god's blessing to PC gamers. The only difference I ever noticed with any enhancements was enabling Creative X-Fi with Ultra High sound quality in BF2, which has EAX but I doubt that was it.
__________________
Laptop

Sony VAIO CS110E 14.1" :: Core 2 Duo T5800

3GB DDR2-800 :: 250GB HDD :: Intel Media Accelerator

HTPC

Gateway GT4024 :: Intel Pentium D 805 :: 1GB DDR2-667

700GB of Storage :: ATi Xpess200 :: Sharp AQUOS 32" 720p





Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 09:24 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.