Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 13-01-19, 09:13 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
By that kind of thinking it would mean that all the large 2-3 fan cards would also overheat, as they all blow the air from their heat sink directly onto the PCB. No it just doesn't work like that...

The hot air won't be an issue as long there's good airflow inside the system case to vent that air out.
Those air cooled cards have heat fins set-up to push the air out of the sides of the cooler I always thought, whereas with a proper rad in the card I'd have thought that wouldn't be the case.

Either way it will certainly be interesting to see how the card performs!

Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 13-01-19, 11:00 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
Those air cooled cards have heat fins set-up to push the air out of the sides of the cooler I always thought, whereas with a proper rad in the card I'd have thought that wouldn't be the case.

Either way it will certainly be interesting to see how the card performs!
Of course, because there's no other way for the air to travel once it hit the PCB I'm quite sure Asus knows what they're doing it, I highly doubt they would even try to market such a graphics card if just didn't work
Old 13-01-19, 11:03 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
Of course, because there's no other way for the air to travel once it hit the PCB I'm quite sure Asus knows what they're doing it, I highly doubt they would even try to market such a graphics card if just didn't work
Hope they prove me wrong and the performance is brilliant.

How long til reviews!?
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 13-01-19, 11:08 AM
OC3D Elite

With high static pressure fans(Presumably what they're using for the rad) it's relatively easy to keep forcing air flow through not-massive gaps(Like those along the edge of the card and at the connector end) Presumably with a 3 slot height they've managed to keep some reasonable gaps about (You'd have some bigger problems with the fans and back-emf than lack of airflow if not).