Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section

Old 10-01-13, 05:15 PM
OC3D Elite

What is cloudflare?

So an hour or so ago,I switched my pc on for the first time since this morning,So I opened Firefox and proceeded to a usual website that I use and it opened as to be expected.But when I went to open a new tab to go to Ebay,there was a slight delay,and then this popped up on the screen.

But it will allow me to open bookmarked pages or a cached page it will open as usual.It is only when I open a new tab and it is not bookmarked or cached.It also only happens when I try to do a search on the main search bar,and not on the main page or the little mini Google search bar to the top right of the page,also only with Firefox.
Nothing was installed before or after shut down this morning,it literally happened as soon as I tried to use my browser for the first time this afternoon.I've gone into settings and there is nothing out of the ordinary listed there,the same goes for control panel/programs.
I'm at a loss with this please help.Thanks for reading.

Old 10-01-13, 05:36 PM

You seem to have set the Searchbar to a sketchy searchprovider (searchab.com)
which is asked when you search via the bar.
This site is hosted on cloudflare and is probably down.

Just set your searchbar to a different provider (not exactly sure where that option was again, you should be able to google that out) and you should be fine in this regard (do a virus-scan to be safe).

My Rig in the Gallery!
Old 10-01-13, 05:52 PM
OC3D Elite

No mate,that was the first thing I thought of too.I have set up a second user account in Firefox and it seems to be sorted now.I'm about to do a scan now whilst I'm having my tea.
Old 10-01-13, 06:03 PM
OC3D Elite

well scan has just finished and there was 1 threat found a pesky Trojan,so it was removed .But the problem still persists.
Old 10-01-13, 06:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Do you have this problem on any other browser? Have you tried re-installing FF?
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 780 Ti ACX || Memory: 16GB - Mushkin Blackline 8GB + Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB || SSD's + HDD's: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (OS + Programs) + Caviar Black 2TB (Games + Storage) || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v

Old 10-01-13, 07:35 PM
The Webmaster

Cloudflare is a distributed contend delivery network (CDN).

Basically you buy a server at place A (lets say the UK for example) but you have customers at location B (lets say the USA).

Delivering content from a server box in the UK to the USA is slower than delivering it from somewhere closer by. So you upload it to a bunch of other data centres all around the world etc...

Then when your USA customer wants to download/view something it's ALOT faster...

Cloudflare is the thing that handles the DNS addressing/data syncing blah blah blah so when you go to the website you get content delivered from the nearest place to you.

Perfectly harmless, but sometimes if it can't talk to home, or it's data centre has a hiccup I guess this is what it looks like.

It's nowt to worry about. It's a kind of easier way to serve content en-masse.

Steam does it for content downloads using it's own system, as does google, again using it's own system. So much so in fact you can google something at home, and get different results to what you would get in the office (much to my annoyance).

Hope that sheds some light on it.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!

Tags
cloudflare