Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants

Old 28-12-08, 02:24 PM
OC3D Crew

I stand corrected. I only got to play with Apple hardware in the late 90s, just before the early G3 machines came out.

Old 28-12-08, 06:20 PM
OC3D Elite

I was one that preferred the motorola cpu to the intel brand. Still wish they were right in there. It was usually a case of instruction sets over mhz, which is hard to explain to many people.

Apple's Tiger was running on Intel machines at the same time as the ppc equiv. (read this in this Apple guy's book on cross platform programming)

The matter of ppc machines no longer being made and people being astonished at the speed of the Intel based OS release really didn't appreciate that there wasn't any switch or anything, it was already inhouse. What they would do is develope their OS and apps on 3 platforms, all of which had to work.

Apple's OS now can run on practically any pc u care to throw together, with ~almost~ any components. Some preferred over others mind u.

It's almost at a stage where if nix can run on it, so can an Apple emblem.

A big misconception by those who may not appreciate the differences in requirement on the component basis - Leopard doesn't use Directx

Old 28-12-08, 06:47 PM
OC3D Crew

Yeh Apple aint bad now but cross platform ability is only because they have generalised the programs which works but lacks the old oomph. Also although Apple can run on many platforms Apples platform is far faster due to the Motorola development.

BTW I love my little Apple Classic It has the only version of Word that can keep up with my typing.

If at first you don't succeed, buy a new part
Old 17-01-09, 11:57 PM

agree with fact "idiot" lol