Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 21-02-19, 07:13 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I actually picked up EA premiere. Quite a few games id like to play so its prob a nice way to play it as a side bonus.

It looks good at least. Destiny2 was weak on launch but now that turned out strong. I think Anthem will improve.
I hope it does. Most EA games I feel like start slow. Which is another reason I don't want to get Anthem now. However it'll go on sale soon enough and I'll end up enjoying it

Old 22-02-19, 07:30 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I hope it does. Most EA games I feel like start slow. Which is another reason I don't want to get Anthem now. However it'll go on sale soon enough and I'll end up enjoying it
It is definately a beautiful looking game. Seems well optimised too. On Ultra im getting 90fps on a single card on UWHD 1440p. It's also one of the first games where motion blur doesn't annoy the hell out of me.

I managed to get SLI working but had a few flickering effects ruining the mood. It has been stated by Bioware though that they are at are working on it and it will be supported soon after launch.

That said, paying 15bucks for EA premiere to access this, BFV, Fifa19 etc etc seems like a good deal to me.
Old 22-02-19, 09:51 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
It is definately a beautiful looking game. Seems well optimised too. On Ultra im getting 90fps on a single card on UWHD 1440p. It's also one of the first games where motion blur doesn't annoy the hell out of me.

I managed to get SLI working but had a few flickering effects ruining the mood. It has been stated by Bioware though that they are at are working on it and it will be supported soon after launch.

That said, paying 15bucks for EA premiere to access this, BFV, Fifa19 etc etc seems like a good deal to me.
Isn't that 15 bucks a month though?
Old 22-02-19, 10:14 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:

I also found it to be pretty well optimised and am also sitting around the 70-90 fps mark.

May turn a few settings down to high instead of ultra and might turn motion blur off but otherwise v happy.

I also found a great guide for flying nicely with Mouse and Keyboard which set me up nicely https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...-control-tips/
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, Ryzen 3800X, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
Old 22-02-19, 10:43 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Isn't that 15 bucks a month though?
yeah or $100 for a year.

Thing is if you are tempted by multiple games, 15 bucks for one month to which you can cancel straight away isnt much for me.

There are a plethora of games I wanted to try but cant justify paying $60. Here I paid $100 with access to around 200 games. If at the end of the year I am still hooked in one or two, ill pick them up cheap.

So far Anthem is good, but will fizzle out like Destiny did for me. Thing is, I am always going back to Destiny as content arrives.

Between Division2, Destiny2, and Anthem, I will happily bounce between them without tiring out.
Old 23-02-19, 07:06 AM
OC3D Elite

The patch seems to have helped loading time, and the new driver from nVidia has somewhat helped with the minor FPS drops I got when first launching the game.

What I have noticed though is that at 1080p High settings, my 1080Ti is being used about 60-70% whilst my 7700K is pegged at 99% usage.

I'm tempted to throw my 1080Ti in to my Ryzen 1700x system and see what it's like on there.
Old 23-02-19, 07:48 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
The patch seems to have helped loading time, and the new driver from nVidia has somewhat helped with the minor FPS drops I got when first launching the game.

What I have noticed though is that at 1080p High settings, my 1080Ti is being used about 60-70% whilst my 7700K is pegged at 99% usage.

I'm tempted to throw my 1080Ti in to my Ryzen 1700x system and see what it's like on there.
That's definitely a CPU bottle neck, but I'm unsure how much better a Ryzen 1700X would do. I guess it's worth a try, however consider getting a 1440p G-Sync screen also. This will help the bottleneck as you won't be so much CPU bound anymore. The higher resolution, the better.