Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 21-02-19, 08:27 AM
News Guru

Anthem's Day-1 Patch is Now Live

This contains a lot of fixes and new PC options.

Read more about Anthem's Day-1 patch.

Old 21-02-19, 08:33 AM
OC3D Elite

I hear the are correcting the story also? or did I misread, but it had such a confusing plot that end campaign made no sense.
Old 21-02-19, 10:44 AM
OC3D Elite

Day 8 patch, dear Bioware...

No not really Warchild. I liked SkillUp his review as it voices my opinion to the letter. I won't be picking this one up.

Old 21-02-19, 02:14 PM
OC3D Crew

I don't know why but I can't shake the feeling that a lot of reviewers, including YouTubers are just being overly and unnecessarily negative about the game.

Is the game perfect? No - far from it but it's really not as bad as everyone is making out IMO.
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 21-02-19, 03:05 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
I don't know why but I can't shake the feeling that a lot of reviewers, including YouTubers are just being overly and unnecessarily negative about the game.

Is the game perfect? No - far from it but it's really not as bad as everyone is making out IMO.
Two reasons:

One: It's an online shooter. No matter how much it cost (Except if it was free), people will complain that there isn't enough content and it's not worth their money. So if they made the campaign last 200 hours, people would complain it's not at least 201 hours long. Just typical gamer entitlement.

Two: It's a Bioware game. Bioware games ALWAYS carry huge drama associated with them, no matter what. People expect their games to be near perfect, have no bugs, no 0 day issues (and they'd rather have them for free).

My advice: Ignore the plebs and reviewers, but watch it live streamed for a few hours. Like what you're seeing? Consider buying it then, else move along (and stop whining hehe)
Old 21-02-19, 03:11 PM
AMD Enthusiast

The game was fun however it doesn't really have a lot of content at launch. Only 3 fortresses one of which we already beat in the Beta and it lasted what 20-30 minutes? That's not a lot of end game content. So for me it's a no buy. Doesn't mean I view the game negatively just the amount of content isn't up to par. I mean it had as much content as Black Ops 4 and even then that's not much(as it was all basically recycled content).

If they can do regular content updates then I'll be all over this game. But it seems like it'll be 2 months before more big content drops.
Old 21-02-19, 03:18 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
Two reasons:

One: It's an online shooter. No matter how much it cost (Except if it was free), people will complain that there isn't enough content and it's not worth their money. So if they made the campaign last 200 hours, people would complain it's not at least 201 hours long. Just typical gamer entitlement.

Two: It's a Bioware game. Bioware games ALWAYS carry huge drama associated with them, no matter what. People expect their games to be near perfect, have no bugs, no 0 day issues (and they'd rather have them for free).

My advice: Ignore the plebs and reviewers, but watch it live streamed for a few hours. Like what you're seeing? Consider buying it then, else move along (and stop whining hehe)
I'm not whining and I've already sank 30 odd hours in Early Access, absolutely loving the game.
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 21-02-19, 03:27 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
I'm not whining and I've already sank 30 odd hours in Early Access, absolutely loving the game.
I didn't mean you, I was generalizing. My post wasn't directed at anyone specific, mistakes were made.
Old 21-02-19, 03:46 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
I didn't mean you, I was generalizing. My post wasn't directed at anyone specific, mistakes were made.
Ah OK.

Bottom line, I personally am really enjoying the game and would urge people to try it and not take too much stock in reviews.

Old 21-02-19, 04:45 PM
OC3D Elite

I actually picked up EA premiere. Quite a few games id like to play so its prob a nice way to play it as a side bonus.

It looks good at least. Destiny2 was weak on launch but now that turned out strong. I think Anthem will improve.