Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old Today, 12:18 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Very interesting how you thought the 650 is the same as the Beyers you have. I was under the impression the 650's was one of the few headphones you could actually tell of an actual improvement in the overall sound signature when coming from the Beyers/similar priced headphones. They are more expensive which is also another indicator they performed better.

Then again, I guess it depends on the gear you have and if you physically tell a difference(with and without better gear). One other thing could just be preference I suppose. If you like Beyers then that must mean you LOVE treble
Well the 990 premiums sound "roughly" the same as the 650's, I just prefer the sound of the 990's to the 650's, I have weird ears

Old Today, 12:23 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Well the 990 premiums sound "roughly" the same as the 650's, I just prefer the sound of the 990's to the 650's, I have weird ears
I love my 990 Pros. Though with my music, metal as am sure you know from the music thread, the treble can sometimes be unbearable. Depends on the song. A great example is Hands Held High(not a metal song ironically lol), the S sound is VERY prominent in that song and even at low low volumes can really just torture my ears.
Then on the other side, the bass in the 990s are good but again some songs just go over the top with bass and it just gets muddy but this is much less(like only 2 songs) of an issue for me. I can easily point to my dac for that and my amp tends to prefer treble clarity over bass.

My ears as you can guess are picky
Old Today, 06:32 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I love my 990 Pros. Though with my music, metal as am sure you know from the music thread, the treble can sometimes be unbearable. Depends on the song. A great example is Hands Held High(not a metal song ironically lol), the S sound is VERY prominent in that song and even at low low volumes can really just torture my ears.
Then on the other side, the bass in the 990s are good but again some songs just go over the top with bass and it just gets muddy but this is much less(like only 2 songs) of an issue for me. I can easily point to my dac for that and my amp tends to prefer treble clarity over bass.

My ears as you can guess are picky
Having critical listening skills is a good thing. Otherwise how would you appreciate good sound, and, get the most out of expensive equipment?

This is why I bought the Graham Slee amp. I was using a cheap amp before that (Aune TK1 MK2) and it was OK, but in order to get the best sound out of my better headphones I needed a better amp.

I had a set of Beyers before (Custom One Pro) and I did not like them much. They seemed under built and the drivers weren't of the highest quality. The bass, although punchy and plentiful sounded a bit thin. You got the bass but yeah, sounded a bit woody and cardboardy. Cheap drivers no doubt, and I can tell the different fast.

Being an Aspie I get to enjoy or hate sounds, taste, smells etc. But too much of any of them makes me ill. Can't have women wearing perfume for example, just completely overwhelms my senses.

And they couldn't prevent Jack from being happy
Old Today, 09:16 AM
OC3D Elite

That ought to about do it..

Old Today, 09:58 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Being an Aspie I get to enjoy or hate sounds, taste, smells etc. But too much of any of them makes me ill. Can't have women wearing perfume for example, just completely overwhelms my senses.
Not taking the piddle here but if we had aspies on quality control in factories I can guarantee customer satisfaction would go up.
Old Today, 10:14 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Not taking the piddle here but if we had aspies on quality control in factories I can guarantee customer satisfaction would go up.
If an Aspie can work (like if they don't have problems associated with it) then yeah, we make awesome employees.

Bill Gates etc, all Aspies. My ex wife's ex was an Aspie, codes software for helicopters.

But yeah, I am picky and immensely critical of everything. If it doesn't match up I'll tear it apart. No wait, I will do that any way