Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #11  
Old 11-06-19, 12:55 PM
cooperman's Avatar
cooperman cooperman is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK/west-mids
Posts: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Guess you didn't play many then. Witcher3 100% scaling for SLI. Can't see how you say thats not good?

BF5, 80% scaling in SLI, SW BF2 70% scaling, i could go on...

I get that it might be noisy, but I hate it when people blurt out such false facts about something because "they dont like it".



SLI and crossfire has allways been a pain in the arse to set up its noisy,its hot,consumes a crap ton of power,has microstutter,screen tearing,large latency's in frametimes,has random crashing,you have to wait mths for official support for it after a new game launch....yep sure was fun times

__________________
i5 4690-Gigabyte Z97P-D3-16Gbs 1866Mhz Kinston HyperX Fury Black-Asus GTX 980 Corsair h80i-sandisk 256gb ultra plus-250gb Intel SSD-WD Blue 500gb-Seasonic M12-620w-Cooler master haf xb.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-06-19, 01:26 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperman View Post
SLI and crossfire has allways been a pain in the arse to set up its noisy,its hot,consumes a crap ton of power,has microstutter,screen tearing,large latency's in frametimes,has random crashing,you have to wait mths for official support for it after a new game launch....yep sure was fun times
Remember, you're only wrong when you're wrong and in this instance you are wrong.

SLi used to be incredible. It's all but dead tech now but there was a time when it worked very well and performance gains were excellent. To the point where you could buy two smaller cards for £100 less than the top end one and get similar or better performance.

The only people who derped that were Nvidia themselves. They made SLi completely pointless, as not only were two smaller cards more expensive but they were not SLi compatible any more. That is why we no longer see cards like the EVGA GTX 460 2WIN.

Most PC gamers only play a very small handful of games of their preference. If SLi works for you then there's no reason not to.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-06-19, 02:03 PM
cooperman's Avatar
cooperman cooperman is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK/west-mids
Posts: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Remember, you're only wrong when you're wrong and in this instance you are wrong.

SLi used to be incredible. It's all but dead tech now but there was a time when it worked very well and performance gains were excellent. To the point where you could buy two smaller cards for £100 less than the top end one and get similar or better performance.

The only people who derped that were Nvidia themselves. They made SLi completely pointless, as not only were two smaller cards more expensive but they were not SLi compatible any more. That is why we no longer see cards like the EVGA GTX 460 2WIN.

Most PC gamers only play a very small handful of games of their preference. If SLi works for you then there's no reason not to.



Nope.
SLI and Crossfire both have issues no matter if it is 2, 3, or 4 way configurations. Lots and lots of info on the web about it can be found by using GOOGLE.. The video drivers effect sli/crossfire, each game reacts differently, if at all possible ALWAYS get one more powerful GPU than two slower ones in SLI/Crossfire as it will work much better with less hassle and more consistent performance when going from game to game.
__________________
i5 4690-Gigabyte Z97P-D3-16Gbs 1866Mhz Kinston HyperX Fury Black-Asus GTX 980 Corsair h80i-sandisk 256gb ultra plus-250gb Intel SSD-WD Blue 500gb-Seasonic M12-620w-Cooler master haf xb.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-06-19, 02:38 PM
ImprovizoR's Avatar
ImprovizoR ImprovizoR is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 461
Nope. Definitely getting a next-gen console instead.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-06-19, 02:39 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 15,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovizoR View Post
Nope. Definitely getting a next-gen console instead.
May I ask why you say that? Just curious. I am getting the PlayStation most likely but I'll still use my PC
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-06-19, 02:59 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperman View Post
Nope.
SLI and Crossfire both have issues no matter if it is 2, 3, or 4 way configurations. Lots and lots of info on the web about it can be found by using GOOGLE.. The video drivers effect sli/crossfire, each game reacts differently, if at all possible ALWAYS get one more powerful GPU than two slower ones in SLI/Crossfire as it will work much better with less hassle and more consistent performance when going from game to game.
So you're telling me I can find loads of instances of SLi not working by using Google. Wow. I never knew I could do that thanks, that could be life changing.

Sarcasm aside you could do the same for the games that SLi *does* work in and you will find many. However, given every one loves complaining rather than giving praise then sure, there will be loads of people moaning. I knew that too. You've not read what I've posted properly so please feel free to revisit it, stop with the hyper negative attitude (starting a post with 'nope' shows how stubborn you are and not being open to discussion btw) and then reply again.

Trying, of course, to find the stuff it does and DID work in (that's where you tripped up because at no point did I say it was worth having NOW) you can always use Google yourself.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-06-19, 03:46 PM
looz's Avatar
looz looz is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Guess you didn't play many then. Witcher3 100% scaling for SLI. Can't see how you say thats not good?

BF5, 80% scaling in SLI, SW BF2 70% scaling, i could go on...

I get that it might be noisy, but I hate it when people blurt out such false facts about something because "they dont like it".
It's not good because of the input lag.
__________________
i7 8700k - 16GB - 2060 FE - 512GB 970 & 850 EVO - AKG K702
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-06-19, 03:55 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 15,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
It's not good because of the input lag.
True. Also, add the fact that one single more powerful card will get the same performance for the same if not lower price AND it'll use less power.

But SLI/Crossfire does look cool. So there's that.
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-06-19, 04:06 PM
Giggyolly Giggyolly is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 107
So launch prices are slightly above the RTX2060 but slightly below the RTX 2070 (respective to the radon cards).

Doesn't seem too bad, I mean there's around £100 swing even on 2060s between the various models.

I for one, can't wait for benchmarks!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 13-06-19, 11:21 AM
tgrech tgrech is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 1,140
Yeah these are the most efficient/economic GPUs ever made in a perf/mm^2 sense, so AMD will have far more wiggle room than NVidia to adjust prices further, given they can get better performance than NVidia while using half the silicon.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 04:40 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.