Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Air Cooling

Old 06-05-17, 03:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Won't be overclocking really, maybe a small one to 4.5 GHz. But most likely not at all, just keep my 7700K at stock.

And I'm just wondering considering maybe my H100i V2 may not fit inside and then having an H60 in the roof would be ideal.
A H100i will be overkill for a stock 7700K, though with only one fan installed performance will drop a lot. If you already own the H100i then obviously use it, but I wouldn't recommend a 240mm radiator for such a low TDP part. Even the flat mounted air coolers will be fine. TTL compares a few here, though the best in that graph won't fit your case according to Cougar's website specifications:

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/...r_mega_test/39

The Noctua NH-L12 should fit, but a H60 would perform better. AIO's are best suited for high TDP cooling and small form factor builds.

BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 06-05-17, 03:06 PM
OC3D Elite

The H60 is crap. It may not even be any better than the cooler you have ATM.

http://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=597&area=en

If you can get one

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 06-05-17, 10:35 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
A H100i will be overkill for a stock 7700K, though with only one fan installed performance will drop a lot. If you already own the H100i then obviously use it, but I wouldn't recommend a 240mm radiator for such a low TDP part. Even the flat mounted air coolers will be fine. TTL compares a few here, though the best in that graph won't fit your case according to Cougar's website specifications:

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/...r_mega_test/39

The Noctua NH-L12 should fit, but a H60 would perform better. AIO's are best suited for high TDP cooling and small form factor builds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
The H60 is crap. It may not even be any better than the cooler you have ATM.

http://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=597&area=en

If you can get one
Yeah, obviously my H100i V2 would be ideal to use, but the thing is I'm not entirely sure it will actually fit. And therefore this thread and asking for advice on other coolers, ie if maybe an H60 would be a good cooler for my 7700K in that case?.

And no Alien, I do know and understand that. I'm not particularly looking for something that will be better than what I have, only something that will be "more than suitable" for the CPU I have and will actually fit inside the case I have gotten.
Thererfore asking about the H60, which the rad would fit in the top with a single fan.

But after looking at the link which Goldfish linked above, I am also thinking of the Silverstone NT06-PRO?. But again, not entirely sure what to go for, since airflow will be quite minimal, as I'm rather interested in doing a window mod, such as this guy right here: https://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=295973

Although what CPU cooler he is using, I can't quite tell as I'm not that into air coolers really. Not by any stretch of that of AIO's anyway.

Plus the fact that I can't find it specified in the OP or so.
Old 08-05-17, 02:33 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Yeah, obviously my H100i V2 would be ideal to use, but the thing is I'm not entirely sure it will actually fit. And therefore this thread and asking for advice on other coolers, ie if maybe an H60 would be a good cooler for my 7700K in that case?.

And no Alien, I do know and understand that. I'm not particularly looking for something that will be better than what I have, only something that will be "more than suitable" for the CPU I have and will actually fit inside the case I have gotten.
Thererfore asking about the H60, which the rad would fit in the top with a single fan.

But after looking at the link which Goldfish linked above, I am also thinking of the Silverstone NT06-PRO?. But again, not entirely sure what to go for, since airflow will be quite minimal, as I'm rather interested in doing a window mod, such as this guy right here: https://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=295973

Although what CPU cooler he is using, I can't quite tell as I'm not that into air coolers really. Not by any stretch of that of AIO's anyway.

Plus the fact that I can't find it specified in the OP or so.
A H60 is a perfectly fine cooler. There aren't that many better choices for that form factor. There might be a couple of other 120mm AIO's that perform slightly better or have more robust components, but it's not a huge deal.

If you go for a top-down CPU air cooler, maybe you could have two fans blowing in over that from the... flap... thing. I know you want to add a window, but those extra two fans could theoretically add quite a bit of extra air. It's hard to say though.

But you know, I really like that mod. It's a great idea. If I had modding skills, I'd probably choose that option over an AIO.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX