Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Asus UK Customer Care Forums

Old 16-09-18, 11:24 AM
OC3D Crew

Asus Z270i Strix Board Failure

So I've had two of these motherboards now that had issues from new. The first one (which was back in 2017) would fail to cold boot once XMP had been enabled, which were tested on two separate types of memory sets (different speeds, brand etc) and the only way I could get sign of life was to remove the battery, then remove one memory module and cold boot it. Once both RAM slots were populated, XMP enabled, same problem, rinse and repeat...

The second board which I bought couple of days ago, the PCI-e x16 slot is completely dead! No warning signs or anything in Windows device manager, no graphics card detected. BIOS reports slot speed as "none". Tested with two gfx cards, no dice!

What the heck is it with these ITX boards? Are they prone to more failures due to their small size? Just a thought as both these boards had a slight warped PCB. Now I gotta order my 3rd board, starting to wonder if I should go with another brand

Old 16-09-18, 11:27 AM
OC3D Elite

I think I’ve had this board before and also recently had the AMD counterpart, X370-I Strix, and I never had any issues with either. Sounds to me that you’ve just been very unlucky with 2 boards. Hope this third one is a charm though
Old 16-09-18, 01:07 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
I think I’ve had this board before and also recently had the AMD counterpart, X370-I Strix, and I never had any issues with either. Sounds to me that you’ve just been very unlucky with 2 boards. Hope this third one is a charm though
Dude... Unlucky is my middle name when it comes to hardware!
Old 16-09-18, 01:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
Dude... Unlucky is my middle name when it comes to hardware!
Haha, I see... Well fingers crossed then that your luck changes this time around
Old 16-09-18, 01:53 PM
OC3D Crew

If you generally have problems with hardware it could be the power delivery in your home :/