Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 26-09-16, 09:26 PM
OC3D Elite

I wonder if having so much money has been a curse. because people will expect so much and they can never deliver what's expected, if they had got enough to make a base game and then done like Elite are doing adding to it slowly

RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 27-09-16, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazty View Post
Do you guys at least use Agile Scrum or Kanban for software development?
Very lightly.
Old 27-09-16, 09:38 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
I wonder if having so much money has been a curse. because people will expect so much and they can never deliver what's expected, if they had got enough to make a base game and then done like Elite are doing adding to it slowly
The problem was it was announced so far back with so many goals and features from day one on Kickstarter, that it was destined to be a delayed for a long time. Imagine if the hype never literally skyrocketed. They would have had little money, and been forced to go the Elite release type route. I'm sure the money was a curse like you said. The hype doesn't help either, but what imo has hurt them the most was for every new goal reached, they kept piling on more and more things that they've now made so many promises, it's just ridiculous. This game won't be releasing anytime soon. If they do, a lot will be left out.
Honestly the Kickstarter should have described what they wanted to make, and they needed money to build a custom engine. That's how it should have started imo. Would have had a slower start, but in the long run probably easier and faster to use than CE.
Old 27-09-16, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Hm, why do you assume they can't deliver? Are you saying that their goals are not possible?
Old 27-09-16, 10:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo1234 View Post
Hm, why do you assume they can't deliver? Are you saying that their goals are not possible?
I'm saying what ever they release it will not be enough for the hype and money they have been funded with, to keep people happy
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 28-09-16, 07:30 AM

Quote:
I'm saying what ever they release it will not be enough for the hype and money they have been funded with, to keep people happy
Normally I would agree, but if you look at a lot of the forums for SC its a bit different. Sure, you have some fanboys and a lot of armchair CEOs all jumping on the hype train, but a large amount of the community are a bit older and more grounded. This is probably because that is the generation that remembers when Chris Roberts made games and they have disposable income.
Also as a company, CIG are quite good at managing expectations. Originally he said that it was not going to be possible to land anywhere on a planet as it would take too long to build. 2 years later their research came to fruition and you can land anywhere
Old 28-09-16, 01:14 PM
The Webmaster

Part 3 is up on Kotaku.
Just keeps getting better this. Wonder if it's all a big sympathy play for more cash/time. Me thinks they're whale hunting...
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 29-09-16, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
Part 3 is up on Kotaku.
Just keeps getting better this. Wonder if it's all a big sympathy play for more cash/time. Me thinks they're whale hunting...
It's just click bait at this point.
I know folks, and we have all seen people who have dumped $1000+ into Farmville or other tablet games. Why would this not happen with Star Citizen when that's promising so much more?
Old 30-09-16, 08:35 AM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo1234 View Post
It's just click bait at this point.
I know folks, and we have all seen people who have dumped $1000+ into Farmville or other tablet games. Why would this not happen with Star Citizen when that's promising so much more?
Not really, it's a good interesting read. Just because you disagree doesn't make it click bait.

Speaking of, here's part 4

Oh and part 5 came out today as well

Sorry but you can't call a 5 part article that long and detailed 'click bait' that's just ignorant
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 30-09-16, 12:45 PM
Bettyswollocks

Sorry