Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Graphics Cards

Old 26-06-16, 11:26 AM

Graphics card or screen problem?? Strange issue

I got a Brand new pg279q and a msi gtx 1070. Occasionally i keep seeing a strange issue where on the left hand side of the screen i see part of the middle of the screen. It keeps randomly occuring. when i reboot the issue goes. I have attached two screen shots. I have changed the display port cable just to rule it out. I have opened chrome so that you can see the white panel at the left hand side. Im stumped

Old 26-06-16, 02:42 PM

Update: I have found that the upon exiting out of a couple of games the issue has occured. I have also found that some of the games i have tried have started to freeze occasionally. The GTX 1070 is at stock frequency and the temps are ok
Old 26-06-16, 03:25 PM
born in a.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpete View Post
Update: I have found that the upon exiting out of a couple of games the issue has occured. I have also found that some of the games i have tried have started to freeze occasionally. The GTX 1070 is at stock frequency and the temps are ok
I think it might be a mixture of both. What drivers are you running and what games are you having the issues with? I'd try lowering the refresh rate to 144hz or less and disabling G sync if you are using it
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 26-06-16, 03:31 PM

My screen refresh rate is at 144hz. On advice from the forum i havent overclocked it. I am using Gsync and driver version 368.39 64bit drivers for windows 10. I have clean installed windows and there doesnt appear to be any errors in event viewer that correspond to when the error is occuring.
The issue seems to be happening randomly. Im tempted to try a clean install and trying an older driver version.
Old 27-06-16, 07:54 AM
OC3D Elite

Seems like the white bar is the same length and height of the Chrome window that you opened, very weird.

Your PC isnt tricked into thinking you have a window on a second screen does it? One way to check is next time this happens press the window button and the right arrow.

I had this on my ASUS Swift but that was only at the very first time of turning it on because it thought I had my old monitor still connected. Opening the browser, the window opened on the second screen that wasnt actually there. pressing window key and right arrow shifted the browser over onto the swift screen and I never had an issue since.
Old 27-06-16, 08:23 AM
OC3D Crew

It's a known bug with some of the PG279Q. Your screen needs a firmware update, but for that to happen it will need service.
Old 27-06-16, 01:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
It's a known bug with some of the PG279Q. Your screen needs a firmware update, but for that to happen it will need service.
Haha! For the premium price of the monitor and yet, even 1080p monitor has less issues than ASUS gaming monitors lmao.
Old 27-06-16, 01:41 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Haha! For the premium price of the monitor and yet, even 1080p monitor has less issues than ASUS gaming monitors lmao.
Is there a point in there somewhere?
Old 27-06-16, 01:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
Is there a point in there somewhere?
Nothing against your or anything mate... I was just stating that yeah, as in you pay that massive premium price and yet it is faulty.

You can rather buy an cheap 1080p monitor and not have as much issues.
When it should be the other way around really.
Old 27-06-16, 01:48 PM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Seems like the white bar is the same length and height of the Chrome window that you opened, very weird.

Your PC isnt tricked into thinking you have a window on a second screen does it? One way to check is next time this happens press the window button and the right arrow.
Quote:
i keep seeing a strange issue where on the left hand side of the screen i see part of the middle of the screen. It keeps randomly occuring. when i reboot the issue goes. I have attached two screen shots. I have changed the display port cable just to rule it out. I have opened chrome so that you can see the white panel at the left hand side.
Someone didn't read the OP :P
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!