Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Asus UK Customer Care Forums

Old 09-04-16, 10:11 PM

ASUS "The good manufacturer" right?

March 10, 2016.

I sold my old motherboard (a Gigabyte one, a good motherboard)

I wanted to try something new, a friend of mine told me to try out ASUS, as in, why not?
I was very soon to find out.
I ordered a Z97-A from ASUS, and recieved 3 days later a motherboard, fantastic right?
The motherboard i recieved, was warped as it was mostly criminal, i was shocked. As soon as i could, i got the motherboard RMA'd, and another motherboard was sent to me as fast as possible.
I recieved a motherboard a week later, this time warped way more. (picture included, http://i.imgur.com/0MojJy0.jpg)
I got a little mad, only a little, called the internet shop for another replacement.
I waited another 3-4 days, recieved a motherboard. This time, the internet shop promised me to check for any motherboard damages before shipping, and i recieved a motherboard warped once again.
Now im frustrating. Out of alot of motherboards ive tried over the years doing tech, ive never experienced anything like this.
Neither the ASUS Denmark or ASUS Global is willing to take responibility in this case which made me make this thread.
A company, a manufacturer, a leading manufacturer of several electronics products, maybe thats just ASUS?
Judge it yourself (see the picture above) then tell me if im wrong or not.

Old 10-04-16, 12:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Its not ASUS's fault dude. To me it seems clear that the motherboard was damaged during shipping from the online shop to your house. That is something that the online shop has to take responsibility for, not ASUS. It might be worth trying a different shop. I'm sure you wont have the same problem.

Old 10-04-16, 01:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Do you live in a sauna with a vacuum inside it? Only way I could think that could happen lol.
Old 10-04-16, 01:06 PM
Resident Newb

Judging by that pic it looks like someone stepped on the mobo box during transit or dropped something heavy onto it.

It would not have left the Asus factory like this, This is the couriers fault not Asus.
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 10-04-16, 01:44 PM
OC3D Elite

So is it DOA or not? Did all 3 of them work?

I've never seen a PCB as bent as the one pictured before except with incorrectly installed heatsinks/backplates but it doesn't appear damaged at all? If all 3 consecutive samples looked like that i'd be mad too and it would probably put me off that particular product. Shaming ASUS as a whole is a bit of a long stretch, the probably don't even know. Especially if the other two were just slightly curved and potentially worked fine then you at least should of tried them.

JR
Old 10-04-16, 02:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Like the above post said you should have tried them and they would have been straight when you screwed them in your case fella . Shaming Asus is very hard I have never had any issues with any of their products which I have bought from them I do suspect this was damage by the courier.

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 10-04-16, 02:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
Like the above post said you should have tried them and they would have been straight when you screwed them in your case fella . Shaming Asus is very hard I have never had any issues with any of their products which I have bought from them I do suspect this was damage by the courier.
How could it be the courier the motherboard box is just fine.
Old 10-04-16, 02:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPC View Post
I don't think Asus would have let it leave the factory like it

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 10-04-16, 02:23 PM
Hagrid Look-A-Like

If your intent on laying blame, that should be aimed at the resellers involved or the courier firm delivering. Yes ASUS have had products that fall below par at times, just as every hardware manufacturer has, blaming them for something that looks like it is likely a storage issue or courier issue is like blaming a car manufacturer for buying a car that has been crashed.
Old 10-04-16, 02:24 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPC View Post
Was just thinking this after looking at the picture, looks more to me like a previous RMA that's been shipped by the retailer in error.

Tags
asus