Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Air Cooling

Old 17-07-15, 12:01 PM

1. One front intake and one back exhaust (not counting the PSU, CPU and GPU Coolers)
2. Good question :-). I bought the PC couple (about 3) of years back second hand so it could be a while
3. currently testing The Witcher 2 and Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag
4. the stanard Xigmatek one at the back and one from scythe at the front
5. I don`t know, but they spin faster and louder when under load
6. Around 25C° i guess. Could be higher. Summer is pretty hot here (over 30°C today)
7. They are tied down to parts of the case using cable binders. I did not use that much cable management...

The GPU and my Hard Drive are pretty close together, only letting a small space for air to flow through. Could that be a main problem?

Old 17-07-15, 12:17 PM
Bettyswollocks

It couldn't hurt to re paste your CPU, as for HDD they generally have a safe working temperature around 50°C, mine are running at 34°C in a well ventilated case so you could also try relocating it somewhere else in the case.

Could you take a picture of your set up and show us how the internal lay out looks?
Old 17-07-15, 06:48 PM

Old 17-07-15, 11:24 PM
Bettyswollocks

Thanks for the pic dude, you could start by dropping your HDD to the bottom mount clearing a path for air from the front fan, side panel fans could work with your set up as you have a top down CPU cooler.. as I said previous you'll have to experiment with different configs to see which suits you best.
Old 18-07-15, 08:14 AM
OC3D Elite

Is there any space in the back of your case for cable management? That's one thing which is really restricting airflow.

Old 18-07-15, 09:42 AM

Hope you can still see the picture, it keeps getting taken out after some time for some reason. thanks for the tips! yes it has somt back space for cable management
Old 18-07-15, 09:50 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
Thanks for the pic dude, you could start by dropping your HDD to the bottom mount clearing a path for air from the front fan, side panel fans could work with your set up as you have a top down CPU cooler.. as I said previous you'll have to experiment with different configs to see which suits you best.
Actually I'd move it to the far top position, or even better: Get a 3.5>5.25" adapter and tuck it away in an optical drive slot. If he moves it all the way down it will block the airflow to the graphics card.

Though to be honest by far the best thing you can do is just get a new case. For around 3 tenners you can buy some really decent stuff nowadays with 2x120mm front intake fans and a bottom-mounted power supply. Sometimes even 2x120mm top grills for heat to passively rise out the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merak View Post
Hope you can still see the picture, it keeps getting taken out after some time for some reason. thanks for the tips! yes it has somt back space for cable management
Yeah SPS and I fixed it a few times now but it seems to have stayed since yesterday

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 18-07-15, 11:17 AM

Could you maybe recommend a specific case?
Old 18-07-15, 11:25 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merak View Post
Could you maybe recommend a specific case?
Depends what you're willing to spend on it, what kind of future upgrades you want it to support and what kind of looks you are into

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 18-07-15, 11:29 AM
Bettyswollocks

Any of the corsair carbide "Spec" series cases are good, Zalman Z1 or Z3, Fractal core 1500, Antec GX-500, Bitfenix Neos or Comrade, NZXT Source 210 all great budget cases.

Tags
airflow, cooling, fan, heat, temperature