Old 24-02-15, 07:46 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeeeeman View Post
One more reason to keep disabled the updates on Windows 7
Why would you keep win 7?
Old 08-02-16, 04:37 PM

sallywil007

I've been using Windows since 3.1--when was that? 1983?--I suffered through 95 and 2K, Vista and other versions I didn't love. Then Windows 7 arrived. Never had ANY kind of problem with it. IMHO (very humble) this is the Microsoft OS that worked.

Then came Windows 8. I love my tablet. TabletS, I should say: I have 2 Dells and 2 Surfaces.-- is great for touch, not so great for regular desktops and laptops.

I've looked at some tutorials on Win10, and it doesn't sound horrible, but neither am I ecstatic about its arrival. Something else new to learn. I especially dislike that M$ is going to MAKE me have it, despite my wishes. I've managed to disable auto update on everything except my Surface Pro 2. I may have to do it like I did my Dell XPS 10.

Just ny two cents. Everyone's entitled to love or hate whatever. I just wish M$ would adopt the maxim, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Old 08-02-16, 07:23 PM
OC3D Crew

Well said. I don't know what they're thinking by shoving it down our throats.

Win-7 ain't broke.

Old 08-02-16, 08:47 PM
OC3D Elite

and dont fix what aint broken. SUPPORT MY W7 FOREVER.

That said since its obviously not going to happen, Im going to be upgrading all of mine prior to the end of the free upgrade.

Watercooling - custom
Old 09-02-16, 12:53 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Really guys? this thread was necro'd.. over a year old.
/thread
Old 09-02-16, 12:29 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywil007 View Post
I've been using Windows since 3.1--when was that? 1983?--I suffered through 95 and 2K, Vista and other versions I didn't love. Then Windows 7 arrived. Never had ANY kind of problem with it. IMHO (very humble) this is the Microsoft OS that worked.

Then came Windows 8. I love my tablet. TabletS, I should say: I have 2 Dells and 2 Surfaces.-- is great for touch, not so great for regular desktops and laptops.

I've looked at some tutorials on Win10, and it doesn't sound horrible, but neither am I ecstatic about its arrival. Something else new to learn. I especially dislike that M$ is going to MAKE me have it, despite my wishes. I've managed to disable auto update on everything except my Surface Pro 2. I may have to do it like I did my Dell XPS 10.

Just ny two cents. Everyone's entitled to love or hate whatever. I just wish M$ would adopt the maxim, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Using your logic there would never have been a Windows 7, because we would all be using XP still.

Windows 7 brought a whole load of new features too, you had to learn those.

If we all just said "That's good enough" we would never make progress. Arguably Microsoft shouldn't make you have it no, you should want it though.