Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 04-02-15, 10:42 PM
OC3D Elite

It will be an optional download for sure

NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 04-02-15, 11:14 PM
OC3D Crew

I don't like it after the change. Lets hope that they continue to listen to us and don't pull a Win-8.

Old 05-02-15, 12:10 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to MrKambo
So i just did this upgrade, took 17 minutes from start to finish and 11 minutes of that was downloading whatever it was doing

So far so good

Edit: OMFG!!! i can snap windows per quarter of the screen! makes me so happy, im not wasting my screen real estate!
Old 05-02-15, 04:27 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKambo View Post
So i just did this upgrade, took 17 minutes from start to finish and 11 minutes of that was downloading whatever it was doing

So far so good

Edit: OMFG!!! i can snap windows per quarter of the screen! makes me so happy, im not wasting my screen real estate!
How you get the update? I didn't get it in my list after checking for updates.

And ya the new quarter snap feature they just put in last build i believe. Snap Assist they call it. Actually seems useful. I'm sure its one of those things where you don't realize how often you try to set the windows up manually or by dragging them to the top until you start using the snap assist.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-us...w-snap-assist/

Read up on it to see if you missed out on any of the features
Old 05-02-15, 09:00 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to MrKambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
How you get the update? I didn't get it in my list after checking for updates.

And ya the new quarter snap feature they just put in last build i believe. Snap Assist they call it. Actually seems useful. I'm sure its one of those things where you don't realize how often you try to set the windows up manually or by dragging them to the top until you start using the snap assist.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-us...w-snap-assist/

Read up on it to see if you missed out on any of the features
Went to the website, and it done some magic and rebooted, started the update

I use 2 windows side by side alot, but always wanted a quarter feature, i even posted about a while ago saying if there was a piece of software that made it easy to integrate.
Old 05-02-15, 09:51 AM
OC3D Crew

This update is for the upcoming Windows 10 Consumer Preview that is being launched later this month, it makes sense for them to do this as Windows 10 can upgrade the builds within itself, without the need to re-install the OS, so it will then be a painless upgrade to the Gold copy of the OS once it has been finished, and the build selected that they are going to use for release.
Old 06-02-15, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member

i know this sounds like a real newbish question, but I have windows7 on my SSD drive (like many others of us on here im sure) along with a few progams etc and BF4. When this upgrade comes, will it be a fresh install in my C drive and i will have to redownload all the other bit and pieces i had on the C drive again?

Cheerz in adance
Old 06-02-15, 07:33 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinToxicated View Post
i know this sounds like a real newbish question, but I have windows7 on my SSD drive (like many others of us on here im sure) along with a few progams etc and BF4. When this upgrade comes, will it be a fresh install in my C drive and i will have to redownload all the other bit and pieces i had on the C drive again?

Cheerz in adance
It should simply move all your softwares registry etc to the new update so you shouldn't need to reinstall anything. This is if you choose to upgrade.

If you choose to run a clean install of windows then it will put all your software and windows 8/8.1 into a folder called windows.old and then install a fresh windows, with which you have to reinstall everything again.
Old 09-02-15, 01:36 AM

I have tried the new Windows OS (the Enterprise Version that was posted about a month or so ago), and the thing about the preview is if you use it, then you won't be offered the free upgrade. but you can roll back to your previous OS if you want to, without reinstalling it. (I really liked that feature) and then you will be offered the windows 10 upgrade through windows update.
Old 09-02-15, 12:29 PM
OC3D Elite

might just have a go with it on my backup rig and see how it is then thanks for the info.

Intel 7700K
Aorus Z270 Gaming K7
2x8GB GSKILL Trident Z 3200MHz
Intel SSD6 256Gb x2 in Raid 0
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
EVGA GTX1080 FTW2 iCX Heat Killer IV block
Custom water Cooled Hardware Labs GTS360/240
ThermalTake Grand RGB 1000w PSU
Corsair Crystal 570X