Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 04-02-15, 01:04 PM

I think this is great as a way of deployment but I also foresee a lot of bricked installs when something goes wrong during installation.

Old 04-02-15, 01:11 PM
Classy-Fried-Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMOC View Post
I think this is great as a way of deployment but I also foresee a lot of bricked installs when something goes wrong during installation.
MS have dealt with this sucessfully. When the 8.1 update for windows phone came out there was a 20% of the phones by other OEMS (not Nokia) that didn't install the update and failed at around 50% of the procedure. The phones restarted to windows phone 8 without the loss of any data. If the installation failed, ms has already foresaw that and implemented a restore changes feature

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Theory is when you have the "know how" but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and no one knows why
Old 04-02-15, 01:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to MrKambo
Interesting...
Old 04-02-15, 02:44 PM
OC3D Crew

It will not update to the new OS unless we tell it to, right?

Old 04-02-15, 05:25 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by realneil View Post
Possibly. If you have your update settings to download and install automatically i would assume it would update itself. I always leave mine to manual. I would prefer to know what its going to install and download rather than it do its own thing.
Old 04-02-15, 05:37 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Possibly. If you have your update settings to download and install automatically i would assume it would update itself. I always leave mine to manual. I would prefer to know what its going to install and download rather than it do its own thing.
Mine is set to manual too, but I'm sure that they ~could~ push whatever they want to anyways.
I know that they're keen on getting everyone on board the Win-10 train, but I want to be the one to make the move at my own pace.

Old 04-02-15, 05:59 PM

This sounds great and I'm excited about this ability, but what happens if I want to completely reinstall Windows or reset it to factory settings after I install Windows 10? A reinstall would require me to install 8.1 first and then 10, right? A simple reset would probably just act like a fresh install of Windows 10, I assume.
| i7 4930k | GTX 470 OC'd to 740/1480/1674 | 16GB DDR3 2133 | Asus X79 Deluxe | 512GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD for Windows | 7.28TB of space across 5 other HDDs | Corsair H100i CPU cooler | Corsair 650D case | Cooler Master V850 PSU |
Old 04-02-15, 06:08 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmasupra View Post
This sounds great and I'm excited about this ability, but what happens if I want to completely reinstall Windows or reset it to factory settings after I install Windows 10? A reinstall would require me to install 8.1 first and then 10, right? A simple reset would probably just act like a fresh install of Windows 10, I assume.
I'm sure you could still download an ISO off their website. Create a bootable stick and reinstall completely again if you want nothing to do with the previous OS. That's what i plan on doing. I'll just make a note of all my programs i have now and move my games to my external drive then upgrade, reinstall, then get everything back. Not much work tbh
Old 04-02-15, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realneil View Post
I would highly doubt it. I presume it would be listed as optional as it is not a critical update.
Old 04-02-15, 09:28 PM
OC3D Elite

I'm surprised they are not at RC versions at this point. Just two weeks ago, the changed the start menu using a different programming. From what I have read, a great many people do not like the change.