Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 29-03-16, 10:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Thanks, avatar OP has been updated

Old 11-04-16, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatarraq View Post
Did you figure it out?
Be careful in BIOS with USB settings someone else tried some stuff and he ended up disabling all his USB and could only get back into BIOS using an old PS2 keyboard.

Did the new CUE update help at all? Btw the spacebar trick does work I tried it the keyboard will take a few seconds but then it will load properly your profile after cold boot.
Old 16-04-16, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notcool View Post
Be careful in BIOS with USB settings someone else tried some stuff and he ended up disabling all his USB and could only get back into BIOS using an old PS2 keyboard.
I have a PS2 keyboard connected because I need Arabic legends from time to time and there are no back-light and cherry-compatible keycaps with Arabic legends. Thanks for the advice though. I tried everything I could and did not find any bios setting that can help. Probably I have to tolerate the issues till Corsair fix them or I buy a new motherboard/system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notcool View Post

Did the new CUE update help at all?
No. I believe it can only be fixed with a firmware update as it was introduced with one and the issue takes place during boot, before windows and CUE load.
Old 17-04-16, 09:08 AM
Resident Newb

The new voice notifications for USB headsets is awesome -

- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 19-04-16, 09:52 AM

New firmware is up (2.04) for the K70 RGB. Any word on the changelog?
Old 19-04-16, 10:04 AM
OC3D Elite

Anyone getting an issue where Scimitar mouse is sometimes not recognised by Cue and requires either a windows restart or re-plugging the USB connector ?

It doesnt happen often but is quite annoying when it does.

and yes, the voice notifications are nice. Woman speaking sweet somethings into my ears
Old 19-04-16, 03:34 PM

Update on the Demo mode after cold boot issue: The new firmware (2.04) makes the keyboard ( K70 RGB ) goes into the profile stored on device memory when I first turn on the UPS (AC power to the case). But if left for few minutes without turning the PC on, the keyboard goes into demo mode but this time, unlike with the old firmware, pressing space or escape does not get me out of demo mode and the only way to make the keyboard functioning is to unplug and replug it. So the new FW made the issue worse. Sigh.

Edit: I bought an add-in PCI-e USB 3 card and tried connecting my KB to it. I got rid of the demo mode but the keyboard went crazy with spontaneous random button hits while it refused to register any actual button press. To solve this issue I had to close CUE by right clicking on the tray icon and selecting exit, or reconnect my keyboard to USB 2 ports. First I thought that this is due to incompatibility with the expansion card but later I found other people on Corsair forums complaining of similar issues when connecting their RGB devices to the USB 3 ports of their motherboards.

Never thought a keyboard can be this troublesome and its software this convoluted. They just can't get it right. I wish I never spent so much $$ on this KB. No fancy lights can justify all those issues.
Old 05-05-16, 09:19 PM

[QUOTE=avatarraq;901102] The new firmware (2.04) makes the keyboard ( K70 RGB ) goes into the profile stored on device memory when I first turn on the UPS (AC power to the case). But if left for few minutes without turning the PC on, the keyboard goes into demo mode but this time, unlike with the old firmware, pressing space or escape does not get me out of demo mode and the only way to make the keyboard functioning is to unplug and replug it.

This is exactly the same problem I'm experiencing with my Strafe RGB keyboard since updating firmware to V2.04 a couple of days ago. I too tried different USB3 ports to no avail - it's definitely the firmware to blame.

Corsair need to sort this out quickly!

I wonder if it's possible to rollback the firmware to the previous version?
Old 05-05-16, 10:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
The new voice notifications for USB headsets is awesome -

I must admit, even though I'll get told off for this... But that voice sounds sexy and is very nice to the ears mate

Well done boys... and girl!
Old 06-05-16, 03:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesC View Post
Corsair need to sort this out quickly!

I wonder if it's possible to rollback the firmware to the previous version?
We're currently looking into this issue. Yes, its possible to rollback the FW. Submit an RMA request and let them know that you need to get the previous K70 RGB FW. They'll send it to you via e-mail or ticket.