Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 03-02-13, 05:51 PM

Post Bitfenix Prodigy 'Silverfenix'

Bitfenix Prodigy 'Silverfenix' Build Introduction

Welcome to the start of my project log for a new build that I have titled 'Silverfenix'.

My Plan's & Concept's

My plan is to use a Bitfenix Prodigy case to build a watercooled miniature games console. I want to keep a color theme of gold, silver and black throughout the case so it looks pretty mint.

I will be using a 'Z77 socket ITX motherboard' into the motherboard I will be installing a 'Intel Ivy Bridge processor', 16GB of RAM, 250-500GB SSD's storage, a powerful graphics card (not decided what to get yet), a 750-850w power supply and custom CPU Waterblock.

Within the case I will be fitting a 2 bay roof radiator with push/pull fans (not decided on thickness), a front 200mm fan, rear 120mm fan. I want to put a standing tube reservoir with attached pump with black or gold liquid coolant running through the loops. I am going to get a front panel with window for the case with crystal clear white LED lighting to bring out the gold and silver colors. I also plan to have a real gold plaque on the case with 'Silverfenix' engraved into it (This is just a concept!) *Bling*.

The Components

Here I will list all the components that I have chosen to use in my build. I have really considered the aesthetics and color scheme in buying all the components, fixtures and fittings. I may leave some of the components blank! This is because I have not decided on what to buy at this time, but I will fill the blanks in as the build develops further and my synapses start to buzz. :-)

Main:

Case - BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Cube Case - Midnight Black.

Motherboard - ASRock Z77E-ITX Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Mini ITX Motherboard.

CPU - Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache.

Memory - Corsair 16GB DOMINATOR Platinum Memory Kit 1866Mhz CL9.

Storage - 240GB Intel 335 Series, 2.5" SSD, MLC-Flash, Read 500MB/s, Write 450MB/s, 52000 IOPS Max.

Power Supply - SilverStone Strider Gold 550W Full Modular Power Supply (PSU) (Changed due to advice and because it will be easier fitting with it only being 140mm in length!)

Graphics Card -

Case Modifications:

Case Fan (Front) - BitFenix Spectre PRO 200mm White LED - Black.

Case Fan (Rear) - BitFenix Spectre PRO 120mm Fan White LED.

Case Fan (Radiator) - 2 x BitFenix Spectre Plain BLACK 120mm Fan.

Case Lighting - 1 x BitFenix Alchemy Premium Modding LED Strip - Connect White 30cm, 1 x BitFenix Alchemy Premium Modding LED Strip - Connect White 12cm.

Case Panel - BitFenix Prodigy Window Side Panel - Black.

Design/Extra touches - I would like to spray paint a silver/gold Nvidia logo onto the non-windowed side panel, I would like to attach a silver/gold plak onto the case with its name engraved into it.

Here is the concept i have designed to give you a look at how i want it to look:

Watercooling:

CPU Waterblock - EK-Supremacy Elite - CPU Waterblock - Intel 115x.

Radiator - 2 x Hardware Labs Black ICE Radiator GT Stealth 120.

Reservoir - EK-D5 X-RES 100 CSQ - Acetal.

Pump - XSPC D5 Vario.

Tubing - (Clear).
Coolant Fluid - (Still deciding)
Fittings - (Need some more Bling!).

Other Stuff:

Cables - 2 x BitFenix Alchemy Molex to 3pin x3 Fan adaptor 5V 20cm - Grey/Silver.

Akasa AK-CBSA05-15BK Super slim SATA rev 3.0 data cable - 15cm.

Silverstone SST-PP05 Short cable set for Strider series PSU.

Braiding - Small Sleeve - VANILLA SANDS N.17
Sata Sleeve - VANILLA SANDS N.17

With Small Sleeve - Grey MKII mixed in.

Hope you like my build log. Any advice or ideas will be greatly received as i have still got a lot of decisions to make especially with the watercooling.

I will be posting updates of my progress on this build in the near future so i hope you will follow me in this epic build.

Old 03-02-13, 06:01 PM
Banned

I look forward to seeing this progress
Old 03-02-13, 06:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to dalewakelin
This should be good

I found this, it may inspire you:

Old 03-02-13, 07:02 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to The Orange One
Looking forward to this!

Broadband, Y U So Slow?
Old 03-02-13, 07:45 PM
OC3D Elite

You know aurora isn't the best for long time use right? more for show :3 Nice plans though
Old 03-02-13, 08:03 PM
OC3D Elite

The AX750/850 are quite a lot more than you need tbh.
Considering you can only put in one graphics card, you won't actually need more than 500w assuming you don't have a 690 or 7990 or something similar.

IMO, you'd be better with a Silverstone Strider with the short cable kit, and then braiding the cables.

Other than that, it looks good!
Old 03-02-13, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassupdoc View Post
You know aurora isn't the best for long time use right? more for show :3 Nice plans though
Cheers i didn't realize that it was only for show purposes. I haven't got anything yet for the watercooling so no harm done.

Anybody know of a gold or silver coolant you can use day to day?

Or can i get gold colored tubing and just put clear coolant in?

Or i could get Pastel Black with clear tubing to make it look like oil?
Old 03-02-13, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesriley94 View Post
The AX750/850 are quite a lot more than you need tbh.
Considering you can only put in one graphics card, you won't actually need more than 500w assuming you don't have a 690 or 7990 or something similar.

IMO, you'd be better with a Silverstone Strider with the short cable kit, and then braiding the cables.

Other than that, it looks good!
Thanks, i have chosen the AX750 because of it's gold efficiency rating. I may be waiting for the next generation Nvidia graphics cards (700 series)! So this should power which ever graphics card i chose to put into the build.
Also the gold theme on the AX750 will look good. Whereas the Silverstone Strider wouldn't match my color scheme without getting it custom painted.
Old 03-02-13, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seumasbeathan View Post
I look forward to seeing this progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalewakelin View Post
This should be good

I found this, it may inspire you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange One View Post
Looking forward to this!
Thanks
Old 03-02-13, 11:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by (SS)Stu View Post
Thanks, i have chosen the AX750 because of it's gold efficiency rating. I may be waiting for the next generation Nvidia graphics cards (700 series)! So this should power which ever graphics card i chose to put into the build.
Also the gold theme on the AX750 will look good. Whereas the Silverstone Strider wouldn't match my color scheme without getting it custom painted.
In the Prodigy, the PSU is completely hidden out of sight? I don't think it matters at all about the colour. Plus, the Silverstones are black anyway, so it wouldn't exactly stand out, even if you could see it.
I've built a couple of mate's PCs in the Prodigy, and cabling does get pretty difficult if you have long cables to hide. Plus, you could get the short kit custom sleeved gold which would then match your colour scheme perfectly.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/550w-...-120mm-fan-atx
With the short kit would be far better IMO - and you'd save a fair amount of money too.

Tags
build, gold, itx, prodigy, watercooling