Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 16-08-12, 05:00 PM
Lauralarry Lauralarry is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fontana California
Posts: 348
Send a message via Yahoo to Lauralarry
Nvidia Gtx 660ti Destroys Gtx 580 by ALOT



580 = Buffering will be faster but gaming... Not so!

__________________


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 17-08-12, 05:25 AM
airdeano airdeano is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,900
did you note the temperatures?
15°-20° hotter than the ASUS TOP cooler.. wondering about the sound of the fan @ 70° and
percentage of fan used (not listed). noting from Toms other 6-series blower coolers were quiet
the quite cards @ 40-50% fan duty...

airdeano
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 17-08-12, 05:56 AM
Damien c Damien c is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North West UK
Posts: 1,437
I noticed on that video that it was only on Bencmarks that the GTX660ti was faster than the GTX580, and was hotter as well.

I think going by that if you have a GTX580 you should stick with it or atleast get a GTX670 if you have to upgrade.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 17-08-12, 07:53 AM
ThatBattlefieldGuy's Avatar
ThatBattlefieldGuy ThatBattlefieldGuy is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 266
I wouldn't say that destroys is the correct term. According to Tom's review, there is only a few fps difference in the BF3 benchmark.

Quote from the Gigabyte review:
Quote:
perhaps most importantly is looking down the bottom of the graph where we can see the little GTX660Ti is equivalent to the GTX580!
Anyway, I will still be rocking with my 580 for a few years to come.
__________________
CPU: i5 2300 M/B: Asus P67 Sabertooth
CPU Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14 GPU: MSI GTX 580 Lightning Xtreme 3GB RAM: 8GB G.SKill Sniper 1600 SR2 Chassis: CM Storm Trooper PSU: Corsair HX-1050
SSD: Corsair Force 3 120GB HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda + 2x250GB
Mouse: Corsair M60 Keyboard: Corsair K90 Headset: Logitech G930


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 17-08-12, 08:27 AM
Lauralarry Lauralarry is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fontana California
Posts: 348
Send a message via Yahoo to Lauralarry
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdeano View Post
did you note the temperatures?
15°-20° hotter than the ASUS TOP cooler.. wondering about the sound of the fan @ 70° and
percentage of fan used (not listed). noting from Toms other 6-series blower coolers were quiet
the quite cards @ 40-50% fan duty...

airdeano
Umm, Bro there's many 660ti's to choose from only like 3 of them ahve blower fans (excluding the reference designed ones) and the ones that do are the same price as the ones that custom coolers on it, and the Asus card is the same thing as last year, Go be a fan boy somewhere else I'm pretty sure the MSi Card out performs the 660ti A-DCUII, and get better temps in some situations.. Go watch a review because unlike you I'm not talking out my ass I've tested many MSi Cards this year.. Only argument you have is with the triple slot DCU cards beating the msi dual slot cards but that's expected..
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17-08-12, 08:36 AM
Lauralarry Lauralarry is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fontana California
Posts: 348
Send a message via Yahoo to Lauralarry
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerboy3801 View Post
I wouldn't say that destroys is the correct term. According to Tom's review, there is only a few fps difference in the BF3 benchmark.

Quote from the Gigabyte review:


Anyway, I will still be rocking with my 580 for a few years to come.
I think I might pick up a 580 Matrix Always wanted one
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 17-08-12, 08:38 AM
Lauralarry Lauralarry is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fontana California
Posts: 348
Send a message via Yahoo to Lauralarry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
I noticed on that video that it was only on Bencmarks that the GTX660ti was faster than the GTX580, and was hotter as well.

I think going by that if you have a GTX580 you should stick with it or atleast get a GTX670 if you have to upgrade.
I agree, Not saying you should sell your 580.. for a 15% boost the 580 still beats it at rendering and what not
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 17-08-12, 02:43 PM
airdeano airdeano is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauralarry View Post
.... Go be a fan boy somewhere else I'm pretty sure the MSi Card out performs the 660ti A-DCUII, and get better temps in some situations..
apparently your mistaken on the comment. as it was only a comparo and not a criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauralarry View Post
Go watch a review because unlike you I'm not talking out my ass I've tested many MSi Cards this year..
what the FU** are you flaming me about? you have taken this way out of context and
need a mega-dose of chill.

airdeano
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 17-08-12, 07:03 PM
yassarikhan786's Avatar
yassarikhan786 yassarikhan786 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 8,899
Yeh Lauralarry you need to chill out.
__________________
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 780 Ti ACX || Memory: 16GB - Mushkin Blackline 8GB + Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB || SSD's + HDD's: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (OS + Programs) + Caviar Black 2TB (Games + Storage) || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 17-08-12, 07:49 PM
seumasbeathan seumasbeathan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Isle Of Lewis
Posts: 3,488
It doesnt really destroy it at all tbh, its like a 5-10% increase at most
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 11:32 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.