Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 08-08-12, 11:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Some videos that helped me out when I was in need; http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=d_56kyib-Ls
When you're done with that one, watch part three also
As long as you're slow, thorough, patient and use common sense, you shouldn't go wrong.

All screws and motherboard headers are included, and thermal paste is indeed provided with the CPU cooler. I doubt it's the best, though, so it may be worth picking up some Noctua NT-H1.

Old 08-08-12, 11:56 PM
OC3D Crew

Used that same Newegg guide for my first build, it's very thorough and they cover everything. And don't worry! Putting everything together is a lot easier than you would think.
Old 09-08-12, 12:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Weston View Post
Some videos that helped me out when I was in need; http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=d_56kyib-Ls
When you're done with that one, watch part three also
As long as you're slow, thorough, patient and use common sense, you shouldn't go wrong.

All screws and motherboard headers are included, and thermal paste is indeed provided with the CPU cooler. I doubt it's the best, though, so it may be worth picking up some Noctua NT-H1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf6768 View Post
Used that same Newegg guide for my first build, it's very thorough and they cover everything. And don't worry! Putting everything together is a lot easier than you would think.
Thank you very much. What about regarding the rams? Will they simply run 1333mhz on the mobo even though theyre 1600mhz?
Old 09-08-12, 12:53 AM
OC3D Elite

Yeah, should do. The RAM was just so god damn cheap, it seemed too good to resist
Old 09-08-12, 01:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Weston View Post
Yeah, should do. The RAM was just so god damn cheap, it seemed too good to resist
Awesome man. I did try to find an HD 6850 but seems Aria dont sell those anymore (saw in some benchmarks it did better at around the same pricerange), but i'd have to pay £110 on a different website cus of shipping, oh well, this system is enough for her needs!

THANK YOU!
Old 09-08-12, 01:25 AM
OC3D Elite

Yeah, the 77** series aren't the best of the new generation, but they're more than enough for what you need. And for £300? - bargain!
Best of luck, my friend - be sure to tell us how it all goes, and how she finds her new machine
Old 09-08-12, 02:07 AM
OC3D Crew

I just think it's funny that you're building her a machine before you build yourself one. Get on that!
Old 09-08-12, 02:38 AM
OC3D Elite

good luck with the build!
Old 09-08-12, 02:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf6768 View Post
I just think it's funny that you're building her a machine before you build yourself one. Get on that!
I have a machine. :P
E8500 @ 3.64ghz, 8gb ram and a 295gtx. I figured mine was getting outdated, then I ran Arkham City with maxed settings on my 1900x1200 resolution and everything ran perfect. Sure, its DX9, but I havent experienced any different so that doesnt bother me, and aslong as it runs demanding games like that without hesitation im not gonna invest.

I also havent mentioned my girlfriend lives abroad, flight tickets arent cheap these days, and she comes first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMFW View Post
good luck with the build!
Thank you.

I will report when I have done it. But im not visiting her before a week or two, and then I get to it.
Old 09-08-12, 02:56 AM
Banned

Yeah good luck man The gx 295 is still a pretty good card