Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 08-08-12, 10:03 PM
OC3D Crew

After long sessions of Skyrim at 4115x1024 and Ultra settings, it helps keep it happy

Old 08-08-12, 10:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Aaah.
But yeah, the A8-3870k shall suit you just grand.
Old 08-08-12, 10:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesriley94 View Post
I'd go with Josh'.

It isnt missing the GPU - the processor has a decent integrated graphics chip
Ah, thats what I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seumasbeathan View Post
Semi high settings on the sims or on all games?
I will explain below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Weston View Post
I can't imagine Sims 3 is graphically intensive, so i'm going to say it would blitz Sims.
Like I say, I game on the integrated graphics of my 3770k at the moment; I can play games such as Borderlands (medium), Blacklight Retribution (low), Need For Speed World (on medium), Portal 1 and 2 (maxed out) and it's all at playable frames. Except Borderlands when I get into some massive firefight with a few dozen Skags, then it gets framey.
The A8-3870k has a far better iGPU than I, so you should be just fine gaming on that alone.
You said all it had to do was play Sims 3 and it can.
I think I wrote wrong what I meant and I have misslead people, sorry. . What I want is the best gaming rig £300 plus/minus some can buy. My gf says she just wants it to be able to play Sims 3 (she dont know much about computers), but if whatever best I can get for £300 can play more than that, ill just take that as a bonus.

I guess title shouldve been "best gaming rig £300 can buy". I know your links is for the best budget-pc for Sims 3 specifically, and I appreciate that, but I guess I was completely wrong on saying what I needed. o.O
Old 08-08-12, 10:34 PM
OC3D Elite

It's not just for Sims 3 specifically - it shall be able to play stuff like COD4 and MW2 with no difficulty.
Old 08-08-12, 10:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It's not just for Sims 3 specifically - it shall be able to play stuff like COD4 and MW2 with no difficulty.
Exactly, not just Sims 3 specifically, that was me asking for help in a wrong way and misleading people. I just want the most powerfull pc £300 +/- can get me.
Old 08-08-12, 10:49 PM
OC3D Elite

You could get it lower, as they charge you a lot for the added speed of the CPU.
Old 08-08-12, 10:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You could get it lower, as they charge you a lot for the added speed of the CPU.
Thank you very much.
Is the G860 really more powerfull than the Phenom II? Im asking of curiosity, I thought the Phenom II was good for gaming, maybe outdated?

Also, what website are you using? I cant seem to tell haha.
Old 08-08-12, 10:54 PM
Banned

Its aria - http://www.aria.co.uk/
Old 08-08-12, 10:55 PM
OC3D Elite

Aria a great site for PC parts. Get to 100 posts on here and you qualify for free shipping
And when it comes to gaming the GPU is massively more important than a CPU. Also, most games don't utilise more than 2 cores, and I actually think the Pentium, Hz for Hz, is faster than the aged Phenom.
Old 08-08-12, 11:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seumasbeathan View Post
Thanks.

Quote:
Aria a great site for PC parts. Get to 100 posts on here and you qualify for free shipping
And when it comes to gaming the GPU is massively more important than a CPU. Also, most games don't utilise more than 2 cores, and I actually think the Pentium, Hz for Hz, is faster than the aged Phenom.
Thank you very much.
Seems ram and gpu is out of stock, gonna have to ask when they get it in. But thank you and everyone else who helped.

And I guess I might aswell ask here while im at it... Im building this PC on my own and its my first time aswell. Are all screws included and thermal paste? Is there anything I should have myself?

Also, is it possible to do so much wrong, that I can ruin the entire system, or should it be straight forward with a guide? (especially for cpu, mobo and cpu cooler)

edit:
I noticed the mobo only supports 1333mhz ram, will the rams you picked simply run at 1333mhz or are they not compatible?