Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Asus UK Customer Care Forums

Old 26-04-17, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisparateX View Post
Hi,
I have the same board and waterblock. The right side hole should be the input. The flow meter does not spin with slower pump speed. I have a powerfull Swiftec pump that outputs directly to the block and it starts spinning when i set the pump speed higher.
Can you post a pic of that? i was thinking of doing the same.

Old 02-05-17, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optec View Post
Thanks for the input, looks like I'll just bite the bullet and redo the bends. Shame it was so nearly ready!

ASUS should really have this in their documentation.

Do you know how you get the output from the sensors. I think I can see Temp In and Temp Out in bios but I can't see these in windows. I also don't know how the leak detection works I assume it just kills the power if the rings get shorted?
Asus AI Suite will show the sensor readings. HWiNFO64 gives a lot of sensor info but couldn't find it among them. I guess the chip it proprietary or something not recognized by most software like HWMonitor.
Old 02-05-17, 11:49 AM
OC3D Elite

Hwinfo will show the boards sensors it's programmed to read but not an after market part like the monk block you'll have to use Asus suite fir those

Intel 7700K
Aorus Z270 Gaming K7
2x8GB GSKILL Trident Z 3200MHz
Intel SSD6 256Gb x2 in Raid 0
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
EVGA GTX1080 FTW2 iCX Heat Killer IV block
Custom water Cooled Hardware Labs GTS360/240
ThermalTake Grand RGB 1000w PSU
Corsair Crystal 570X

Old 03-05-17, 06:33 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_I_N View Post
Hwinfo will show the boards sensors it's programmed to read but not an after market part like the monk block you'll have to use Asus suite fir those
HWiNFO actually shows the water in and out. Maybe I didn't see it or the newer version supports the aftermarket chip. That program's sensory package is really good as a whole.
Old 03-05-17, 06:45 PM
OC3D Elite

sounds to good to be true so it says water temp in water temp out?? f so thats awesome that they support the mono blocks like that.

Intel 7700K
Aorus Z270 Gaming K7
2x8GB GSKILL Trident Z 3200MHz
Intel SSD6 256Gb x2 in Raid 0
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
EVGA GTX1080 FTW2 iCX Heat Killer IV block
Custom water Cooled Hardware Labs GTS360/240
ThermalTake Grand RGB 1000w PSU
Corsair Crystal 570X

Old 03-05-17, 06:48 PM

Quote:
HWiNFO actually shows the water in and out. Maybe I didn't see it or the newer version supports the aftermarket chip. That program's sensory package is really good as a whole.
Yeah AISuite and HWiNFO show the Water In and Water Out sensors. AiSuite shows the flow rate of the block but only at high pump speeds. Interestingly putting in Mayhems Pastel white into the loop made the flow rate meter spin at lower flow rates (as low as 40% on a D5) but the sensor doesn't read it.

Because of the fans in my case blocking the bottom headers of the motherboard I cant use the W_Pump fan headers for the D5 instead i'm having to use the Chasis fan headers for PWM control of the D5. AiSuite doesn't like this however so you have to trick it by connecting a normal fan to the Chasis header before you can control it in software. The board comes with an additional fan controller though so I can power all 14 fans from the RAD1 PWM controller.

I'm still waiting for some Pexon cables to complete the look. Pretty happy with it all so far.
Old 04-05-17, 08:14 PM

Wink

That looks really good there. Beautiful job on the tubing. I did my first custom waterloop with this board and decided to stick with flex tubing.
I use a Swiftech PWC50X pump which has to do about 14% before that little thing starts spinning in the block. The AI Suite software sets the pump to 100% after doing fan calibration which makes my Alpha cool Eisbecher spout water and bubble up my loop. If i could maybe use something to decrease the sata power provided to the pump. I am using a speed limiter for the pwm connection but that does little.
Old 04-05-17, 08:28 PM

Quote:
That looks really good there. Beautiful job on the tubing. I did my first custom waterloop with this board and decided to stick with flex tubing.
I use a Swiftech PWC50X pump which has to do about 14% before that little thing starts spinning in the block. The AI Suite software sets the pump to 100% after doing fan calibration which makes my Alpha cool Eisbecher spout water and bubble up my loop. If i could maybe use something to decrease the sata power provided to the pump. I am using a speed limiter for the pwm connection but that does little.
Thank you for the kind words .

If you set pump PWM in Aisuite to fixed speed it goes back to full speed when you leave the settings for some reason. If you set it as a flat fan curve though it doesn't. Alternatively you could uninstall AiSuite and just use the Qfan control in the UEFI and see if that holds.
Old 09-05-17, 09:36 AM

Looks epic Optec!♥
Old 09-05-17, 04:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Georgous build wish I had the cash spare to grab the board it looks epic
BeQuiet Darkbase Pro 900 | i7-7700K OC @ 5.10GHz | Custom water loop | ASUS MAximus Hero IX Z270 | Aurous Xtreme GTX 1080TI @ 2120mhz 12000mhz | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz CL15 | 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 250GB Samsung EVO 850 | Corsair HX750I PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Tags
asus, maximus ix extreme, waterblock, watercooling