Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-16, 02:35 PM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazty View Post
No, but there is literally no good reason why project management practices, which are very specifically designed to be transferable across industries, aren't applicable to the games industry. In fact it's my personal belief that a lot of games are very poor quality nowadays because the developers (as in the company) are stuck in the dark ages when it comes to both project management and modern IT practices.
Well while I respect that, unfortunately as CIG are constantly proving, believing something doesn't necessarily just magic it into life or make it true. Game dev and game dev management are *very* different to even just regular software dev, without having experience in both I'm just not sure you really know what you're talking about.

And please don't take that as me trying to dismiss you, but from the stuff I've read in here, and my own actual experience, plainly dismissing all of the stuff in the articles and thinking it's just regular project management issues and problems is, in this particular case, incorrect.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!