Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Graphics Cards

Old 19-10-15, 01:59 PM

GPU Fan profile not working without Afterburner open

Hi there, so as above my GPU fan's aren't spinning up in response to temperature unless Afterburner is open.

I've tested this by running FurMark with Afterburner open, hearing the fans spin up, then closing After burner leaving FurMark open, the fans slow back down to idle speeds and the temp. rockets.

Luckily once the temp hits around 80 the fans do eventually start spinning up but I don't want to leave it like this to test as I'm worried it'll damage the card.

Card info is as follows:
Display device : GeForce GTX 770 on GK104 GPU
Display driver : 358.50
BIOS : 80.04.b4.00.10

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit with an i5 6600k on an Asus Z170-A w/ 16gb of HyperX DDR4 (not sure of the freq. of the RAM but can check if it's important)

Any help is appreciated.

Old 19-10-15, 10:42 PM
OC3D Crew

That's an odd one. Do you have any other programs installed that can control the fan speed, as in Speedfan or Precision? For example you have two programs which control the fan but Afterburner has the priority when it's open; close it and the other takes over.

Have a look for other programs of this type and remove/disable them. Have you tried reinstalling the driver yet?

It could also be that your card is designed like this, favouring low noise level over heat.

Tags
bios, fan, fault, gpu