Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 20-05-12, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cram View Post

the noctua nf-f12 pwm fans work grate with the h100 have a look at this reveiw [media]

Thanks man, how did i miss Tom Logan's review on this !!! haha

Old 21-05-12, 07:06 AM

For my budget what kind of Ram should I bee looking for (dual, triple quad channel) 1600Mhz ,1866Mhz or 2000mhz/2133Mhz. Should I be looking for unbuffered RAM. My budget for RAM at the moment is about £100 should it be more or less? Finally how much does the CAS affect performance and which should I be looking for?

Also is it true that for the 3770k + Z77 MoBo is designed for Dual Channel memory so quad would reduce it's performance? (please correct me if I am wrong) so something like this would be best for me http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(...27-dhx-technol (not sure why they include the cooler)
Old 21-05-12, 04:42 PM
OC3D Crew

Send a message via MSN to Jadarite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Tom Jones View Post

For my budget what kind of Ram should I bee looking for (dual, triple quad channel) 1600Mhz ,1866Mhz or 2000mhz/2133Mhz. Should I be looking for unbuffered RAM. My budget for RAM at the moment is about £100 should it be more or less? Finally how much does the CAS affect performance and which should I be looking for?

Also is it true that for the 3770k + Z77 MoBo is designed for Dual Channel memory so quad would reduce it's performance? (please correct me if I am wrong) so something like this would be best for me http://www.scan.co.u...-27-dhx-technol (not sure why they include the cooler)
Ok, when it comes to ram all you really need is 4Gb for Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit (min) that said when it comes to gaming it's a good idea to have 8Gb and use Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit how ever i would suggest 16Gb and Windows 7 Professional 64bit because when you go over 16gb of ram then Windows 7 Professional 64bit is required and yes 16gb of ram is over kill for gaming but it should give you some future proofing,

when it comes to Mhz 1600 is all thats needed really and you dont have to over clock it but if you want to go higher and over clock the ram that would be up to you and yes dual channel memory non-ecc un-buffered momory is the way to go, as an average cas look for 9-9-9-24 (or lower) at 1.5v 1600Mhz would be what i suggest also make sure it has a 512Mb X 64 chip set (min) but a 1024Mb X 64 chip set would be a my suggestion.

The ram you have chosen is on the qualified vendors list so i dont see there being a problem
Old 22-05-12, 10:07 AM

so something like this http://www.scan.co.uk/products/16gb-...-10-11-10-30-x it's quite pricy, how much better performance would be experienced when compared to same GB Ram (And speed ect) but quad vs dual channel?
Old 22-05-12, 11:10 AM
OC3D Elite

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(...9-10-9-27-165v

I like this stuff. 16g is crazy talk, but even so, 2 of these kits would do me better if the client really wanted 16g.