Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 24-09-10, 03:23 PM
OC3D Elite

thats right mate,have the timings stayed the same,they should of if u set them manualy

Old 24-09-10, 03:25 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to alienware
*hurrah*

Glad you got there man ! Yeah, should be miles better with it all set up correctly
Old 24-09-10, 03:32 PM

Hi AMDFTW - Yeah, CPUZ shows timings remain at 5-5-5-15, thanks for checking.

Cheers Alien, couldn't have done it without you.

Other CPUZ Memory readouts (Do tell me if anything looks wrong)

DRAM: 534.3MHz

FSBRAM 5:8

Command Rate: 2T.

*Goes to leave then turns, finger raised*

There's just one more thing..

I want to keep an eye on the RAM temps for a while.

I have MSI AFterburner, HW Monitor and CPU-Z, but can't locate RAM temps.

Any thoughts?
Old 24-09-10, 03:43 PM
OC3D Elite

RAM modules dont have temp sensors,if you can touch them without burning yourself then they are fine lol,at stock they should be cool to the touch so dont worry,you could change the command rate to 1t
Old 24-09-10, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDFTW View Post

RAM modules dont have temp sensors,if you can touch them without burning yourself then they are fine lol,at stock they should be cool to the touch so dont worry,you could change the command rate to 1t
Thanks man - RAM running very cool

Gave N1 (T1) a try, but BIOS failed to boot, so reset to AUTO.
Old 24-09-10, 05:02 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah RAM (apart from FBDIMM for servers) runs nice and cool. Unless you are putting frankly stupid volts through it I wouldn't worry. And the voltage you have there is fine.

i9 7980XE 4.6GHz - EK Supreme EVO - Asus - X299-RVIE - 32GB 3677MHz RAM - 2 x 2080Ti EK Cu Block - Creative Titanium Pro - Tower - Samsung 970 Pro 512GB - Plextor 240GB PCIe SSD - 6TB HD - Dual Loop
Old 24-09-10, 05:03 PM
OC3D Elite

yer thats odd mine do that aswell even tho ur intel and i am AMD migh be something to do with 1066 ddr2.

i would set it to t1 tho and not manual it better to set evrything manualy
Old 25-09-10, 08:08 AM

Hi AMD and co,

A quick Google showed an even hit/miss ratio for those attempting to boot using T1, with the consensus being that it can offer a slight improvement in many cases.

Since it fails for me, and I'm not very familiar with BIOS OC settings, I'll have to leave it for now, unless there's something obvious you or anyone can see in the attached BIOS screenshots:

http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-hardwa...s-p5k-add.html

(Link is just an example of P5K Premium BIOS options. My my settings are as follows.)

My FSB Frequency is currently 333, default.

RAM timings: 555-15

DRAM Freq: 1066MHz

FSBRAM: 5:8

RAM volt: 2.2

Command rate: N2 (T2).

Are there any quick-fix options in these menus which might offer further performance improvements?

I'm too tweak-fatigued to embark on a full OCing project for the time being, but would be keen to know about any final quick tweaks I might have overlooked.
Old 25-09-10, 08:11 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to alienware
All seems good to me mate. Your CPU has a 1066 bus. CPU FSB are weird. That 333 somehow gets multiplied by 4 to give you your 1066 FSB then X3 for your overall clock speed.
Old 03-10-10, 02:47 PM

"But its still not fast enough...or is it?

I'll post a new thread with this, but since people here are up to speed with the specs will mention here too:

So after all the aforementioned tweaking, + new RAM, I've definitely got a performance boost in some areas... Yet I'm still not convinced my games are running as fast as they should. Like I've said, this is my first rig so I'm not sure.

Busy scenes in FPS games are still showing frame drops, where I suspect they should be much smoother.

L4D2 has improved - but older game COD 4 Modern Warfare (2007) still drops to 28 much of the time.

I ran a 3DMark test, and scored 12864. I browsed other submitted results for similar setups.

Although I couldn't find results with an exact match for my E8400, the average was around 16000 or more:

http://service.futuremark.com/search...ingsystem=-100

Bearing in mind that I have tried replacing RAM, temps all report as running cool. (too cool maybe?? I see others talking about temps which peak much higher than my GPU/CPUs, which report an ave of 55/65 respectively, regardless of whether im playing or not.)

I haven't yet tried a Windows 7 reinstall, but I'd like to avoid that - at least until I know I've exhausted all other options.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Let me know if I can upload any info which might help.

Many thanks

Ash