Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 10-06-21, 03:10 PM
News Guru

RTX 3070 Ti Stock Disappears as Retailers Push Overpriced RTX 3060/3070 graphics card

The GPU market is in a sorry state. Today, we got to see how bad things are.

We are not going to make many friends today...

Read more about RTX 3070 Ti stock and the crazy Nvidia pricing at retailers.

Old 10-06-21, 03:48 PM
Resident Newb

I know it sounds sensationalist but the way things are going this is going to kill PC gaming.

A good friend of mine really wanted to get into PC gaming recently, He took 1 look at the price of a basic PC build and shook his head in disbelief, He managed to get a PS5 and LG OLED which gives him a really good gaming experience and acts as his media centre also, All for a really good price.
Old 10-06-21, 04:22 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I know it sounds sensationalist but the way things are going this is going to kill PC gaming.

A good friend of mine really wanted to get into PC gaming recently, He took 1 look at the price of a basic PC build and shook his head in disbelief, He managed to get a PS5 and LG OLED which gives him a really good gaming experience and acts as his media centre also, All for a really good price.
Yeah, GPU pricing is crazy right now. I know plenty of people who want to upgrade but can't, and nobody I know wants to get into PC gaming after seeing the cost.

If I were in the market to buy a new system, I probably wouldn't. Unless there was a reasonably priced pre-build somewhere.
Old 10-06-21, 05:01 PM

At least you folks get a chance @ MSRP, here in South-Africa we just get ed right off the bat.
Old 10-06-21, 06:53 PM

I was on Scan at the time of release for the RTX 3070 ti that I was hoping to purchase, and it sold out in less than two seconds after going threw the captcha process with boats.

Seems like they had less stock than the 3080 ti launch last week, lots of the cards on Scan didnt even have a price at launch time today.

OLD PC: i5 3570K | MSI Z77 MPower | Mushkin Ridgeback 2x4GB | Corsair H100i | XFI HD 7990 6GB | Corsair AX850 | CM Storm Stryker
Old 11-06-21, 06:00 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy-ZA View Post
At least you folks get a chance @ MSRP, here in South-Africa we just get ed right off the bat.
MSRP doesnt exist in Norway.
Old 11-06-21, 06:07 AM
AMD Enthusiast

At this point I don't think MSRP exists anywhere in the tech market. Between the multiple mining crazes in as many years, DRAM fabs conveniently being flooded or caught of fire every other year, NAND at one point went up, etc. Just constantly changes, prices go up nobody listens to MSRP.
Old 11-06-21, 08:31 AM
OC3D Crew

Damn... This isn't looking too great and will most likely continue to do so next year.

I definitely want to upgrade as well, but currently I'm starting to think I'm in the very comfortable situation of at least not NEEDING to upgrade... Sad times...
Old 11-06-21, 09:43 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Š View Post
Damn... This isn't looking too great and will most likely continue to do so next year.

I definitely want to upgrade as well, but currently I'm starting to think I'm in the very comfortable situation of at least not NEEDING to upgrade... Sad times...
lucky thing is you realise you dont need to.

a 9 series GPU is still good, albeit now considered legacy.
Old 11-06-21, 09:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Fortunately with Scan I know quite a few people now besides me who have got RTX3000 cards at MSRP. Still takes a fair bit of luck and a lot of attempts though (And can collect for free from their Bolton store/warehouse still throughout this year, saves a tenner and a day or two deliver time if you're in/around Greater Manchester)

But then, Scan do seem to get most of the stock, it must be harder for the small guys to cover their building, storage, staff ect costs with so few of the highest value parts passing through their doors, compared to Scan who can take a small cut on a larger volume to cover their static costs.