Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 10-10-19, 03:49 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
I think NeverBackDown is right here, Mark Cerny said in his interview with Wired in April it would be 8 cores, the name and confirmation of SMT is the new bit here I think

Wired's Mark Cerny Interview (April):
I stand corrected. I don't know what messed up my mind there. That said, it was a popular article, so it seems a lot of people didn't know this information.

Now I'm left wondering what else I've forgotten...

Old 10-10-19, 03:58 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I stand corrected. I don't know what messed up my mind there. That said, it was a popular article, so it seems a lot of people didn't know this information.

Now I'm left wondering what else I've forgotten...
The title of the article is misleading as if it's "going to" use an 8 core Zen 2. It's already been confirmed. It IS using an 8 core CPU. The only new bit is SMT and the title, as well as article, should reflect that. The article is written in such a way as if it's new information when it is not.

Just saying it needs to be cleared up. Not trying to be rude, just that to me it comes off as new info. Sorry if I came off rudely. You made a simple mistake, no big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Not taking sides here but I'm not seeing anything in the two articles above stating that hyperthreading/SMT would be implemented in the PS5 CPU unlike the new information meaning an article was indeed merited.
My point was Zen 2 8 core was already confirmed... SMT is the only new tidbit but the article didn't really reflect that. It's not a big deal, he forgot, but I just think it should be changed to reflect what was confirmed to what he thought was being confirmed. If that makes sense
Old 10-10-19, 04:08 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
My point was Zen 2 8 core was already confirmed... SMT is the only new tidbit but the article didn't really reflect that. It's not a big deal, he forgot, but I just think it should be changed to reflect what was confirmed to what he thought was being confirmed. If that makes sense

Seems like a little over the top nitpicking good god dude
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Old 10-10-19, 04:11 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Seems like a little over the top nitpicking good god dude
It's journalism. It should be accurate information. It's part of the industry, not me choosing what is what. The new information released should be the highlighted content, not old confirmed stuff being told as if it is new. I just care about the integrity of the site and WYP. Don't want OC3D to be known as wccftech.